How to remove the mirror or mechanism in the side mirror (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is how to remove the mirror or the mechanism.

Press the glass all the way in at the top. This will open the bottom end. Gently pry the glass with a WIDE piece of wood or strong plastic rod between the two tabs shown). The glass should pop right off. Then unhook from the top (Hold the glass)

View attachment 1382901

170114_0002.jpg

Last edited:
It's the simple things like this that make this website so worth it. Thanks for the photo. Easy enough to do so I can get a look at my weak motors.

It's the simple things like this that make this website so worth it. Thanks for the photo. Easy enough to do so I can get a look at my weak motors.
The TSB at this link also shows how to pop the mirror glass off if you haven’t seen it.

The TSB at this link also shows how to pop the mirror glass off if you haven’t seen it.

Alright I removed my glass to bedline my mirrors during my monstaliner job. Any tips on getting it back in?? I am having no luck.

Did you get the top hooks on the mirror mounted to the mechanism? After that, make sure the locking tabs on the back of the glass meets the tabs on the mechanism: If all good, press the glass EXACTLY on the opposite side to the locking tabs. Apply some grease to the plastic tabs to lubricate.

Yeah, I was struggling to get the top hooks in in the first place. Well I broke my glass and my gears are messed up now from prying. I just ordered new mirrors in black, they will look better with my Monstaliner anyways. These mirror were pretty trashed so it's not a huge deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom