drive line noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 70 fj40 with a SBC. Sprung over with Signaw P/S.

I understand I'mgoingtohave some driveline noise and viberations but I need to know if there is a way to reduse my noise. it souds like something is grinding when I decelrate. any suggestions would be great. also if I could see some pics of some simular setups and what works for you. thanks in advance

If the noise is markedly different on decel, there is probably a problem that needs to be promptly diagnosed and fixed. Tell us what you've done so far.

Checked u-joints?
Checked pinion flange endplay?
Checked pinion backlash?
Checked driveshaft spline contact?
Checked tailshaft freeplay in the transfer case?
Checked/replaced trans/transfer/rear end fluids?

Makes it easier to get advise you can use. Course I suppose advise to check these things, if you haven't done so, is advise too.;)

Best

Mark A.

the noise is comming from the front driveshaft. I snapped a u-joint in the rear and drove it home in front wheel drive thats when I noticed the noise. I need to make a rear track bar so I don't snap another rear u-joint.
the noise only happends at high speeds and when I let off the gas. or going down hill at high speeds.

I'm running the 74 4 speed toy tanny and t-case

also completely rebiult the front out put shaft and all new 3rd members

the noise is comming from the front driveshaft. I snapped a u-joint in the rear and drove it home in front wheel drive thats when I noticed the noise. I need to make a rear track bar so I don't snap another rear u-joint.
the noise only happends at high speeds and when I let off the gas. or going down hill at high speeds.

I wouldn't worry about it, unless you plan on running it at high speeds on the front shaft only......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom