Drive belt tensioner bolt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tighten them until you can only push down about 3/16" on each belt with good pressure. These need to be much tighter than most every older vehicle I have owned.

I have yet to find a tensioner that fits and can properly adjust these.

It appears I may press harder! The key is that pressure is in the eye of the beholder.

It appears I may press harder! The key is that pressure is in the eye of the beholder.
There is a specific tension that is called out, but I cannot find a tool that fits and translates to the information given.

I inspect a lot of belt driven machines for a living and have the tools to check them.

The specific tool shown by Toyota I cannot seem to find, however, I'm not going to buy a $400 tool for just those belts.

There is a specific tension that is called out, but I cannot find a tool that fits and translates to the information given.

I inspect a lot of belt driven machines for a living and have the tools to check them.

The specific tool shown by Toyota I cannot seem to find, however, I'm not going to buy a $400 tool for just those belts.
How about this kricket belt tool. Looks pretty good. Goes up to 150lbs. NAPA has it for $20.

Kricket

F9B236DB-C63A-4E1A-9191-1A482490AE9B.png

How about this kricket belt tool. Looks pretty good. Goes up to 150lbs. NAPA has it for $20.

Kricket

View attachment 2594233
I've looked at those. I don't believe they will get the job done. I have to check the required range. They are kind of inaccurate to read.

But, considering it's "push a lot to make it come down an it this much" is also very inaccurate.

dotn even worry about trying to find a belt tension gauge, just go by deflection of the belt between the longest run between pullies. 1/4 to 1/2 in of deflection is fine for tension and if you need more later down the road just tighten it and call it a day.

it looks like you have cog belts and not v belts, you should get a belt set from the dealership some people have had issues with the cog belts

I just picked up the Alt. lock bolt (#90107-08001 this is wrong part number, no star head, just bolt) and the tensioner bolt # 90119-08493 for a total of $3.11

Im rebuilding my Alt right now so new bolts were in order

Last edited:
I just picked up the Alt. lock bolt (#90107-08001 this is wrong part number, no star head, just bolt) and the tensioner bolt # 90119-08493 for a total of $3.11

(#90107-08001 this is wrong part number, no star head, just bolt) for T-40 star socket

anyone know the right part number with star in head for Alt. lock bolt?

The correct part number is 91511-C0835. It does not have the star head. 90107-08001 supersedes to this bolt.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom