Drawer joint set up the easy way (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I want to make some boxes using the joint pictured. My cabinet foreman showed me an easy way to set this joint up on the table saw years ago but I have long forgotten it. Anyone know the easy setup or the name of the joint.

1566514413554.png

Dado joint, super easy on a table saw. You need a saw with a arbor long Enuf to stack a set of dado blades and still get the nut on. Also a saw with good power.

You can also do it on a miter saw with a slide. A block of wood against the fence and set the depth to say half the thickness of the material And make a bunch of swipes at it until to get the correct fit if you only need to do a few drawers and don’t want to make the investment in blades

I still have all the equipment just dont know how to use it. :rolleyes: From what I remember once the saw was set up nothing changed just the way you feed the wood. Possible one pass with the wood on end the next laying flat maybe?

You have to set the saw up twice. Once for the sides and once for the front and back. If it were me I’d cut the grove first so you can dial in the one that fits in the grove. Most dados blades are a wobble cut meaning the blade cuts a larger grove than the blades measure stacked while not turning

I sent you a couple videos on your Instagram I thought would help you relearn it.

Edgar

Also when you cut the end that fits into the grove I clamp a scab board onto the fence that you can run the blade up into the wood so you dont mess up the blade or the fence. I add another blade so that it’s more width than the cut out your trying to achieve and you slowly tune the fence over till you get the correct fit.

see #4 Blind Rabbet Joint on this page, "One table saw setting completes an interlocking corner joint. "

see #4 Blind Rabbet Joint on this page, "One table saw setting completes an interlocking corner joint. "

Thats it!
One setting :)

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom