Double Cardon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landtank

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
landtankproducts.com
Some might remember that I needed a new front drive shaft because there is play in the yoke. I ended up ordering a double cardon from Slee.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the CV goes at the T-Case, correct.

And how do you grease the BALL. Is it as easy as squirting in some grease, I didn't see a fitting.

Thanks

The CV is indeed at the transfer case end. As far as lubrucating that I am worthless.....

landtank said:
WOW, do I win a prize or something :bounce:

Only if it was a factory part...:flipoff2:

How you view it on the truck...

P1010355_0.JPG

Presto appearo....

P1010354_0.JPG

If it is not like the above picture, it will be sitting in the hole between the zerks.

Right now I'm only viewing it on my lap. I don't see any kind of fitting. Ben at SLee metioned needing a grease needle which I have, I just don't see the associated fitting I'm accustomed to in here.

I have the Slee double cardan front shaft. The grease fitting is like the one on the spicer unit that Lars posted, but in a different location. It is accessed through one of the access/view holes in the center housing. If you do not see it through the first hole check the one on the other side. You need a needle fitting to fill the ball. I do not have a pic but can take one in the morning if you need it.

Good luck

Ben, as always, is correct, a needle adaptor is necessary. If you look really carefully directly through the center hole between the two regular zerk fittings you will see a small cratered-inward hole that accepts the tip to the needle. Press fit firmly the needle to that hole and pump several pumps of grease in there. The grease should pass through that tiny hole and end up on the other side where the ball is. If while you are pumping you are seing grease squirt out all around the tip to the needle, press more firmly and pump more forcefully til the grease gets to where it is intended. About four to five pumps is all it requires, repeat this process every oil change or every 3000 miles whichever is shorter. HTH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom