Double Cardan and Simex Tires??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a BJ40 with a 3B Engine, and i'm modifying it with Discbrakes allround, power steering, 35inch tires and Coil Springs. because of the coil springs, the BJ is much taller than it was and the u-joint of the front prop. shaft on the T-case side is almost on it's limit.
what is the solution?? a double cardan? or grinding the u-joint in order to get a little more angle?
if the best way is the double cardan where can i get one or which toyota use a double cardan that fits the BJ40??

Any opinions on Simex Extreme Trekker tires??

I don't think you'll be able to make a double cardin work in the front without serious mods.

For a Double Cardin shaft the u-joint at the differential needs to be straight (0 angle) which would mean pointing the diff up at the transfer case. Doing so will pull the caster out by a large amount.

The easiest choice that comes to mind is getting a shaft made that has a true CV joint on both ends. Then you can run whatever angle you wish.... so having a custom shaft made sounds like the thing

For my rig I opted for a double cardin in the rear and the doner vehicle was the front shaft from an FJ60 (earlier models had a cv joint but later went to a single). So there's a place to find one if you can make it work.

a joint which handles higher angularity might also be the ticket...I know highangledriveline.com and a few others are using Toy minitruck joints since the yoke allows for more angle plus the joint is extremely strong.

Any opinions on Simex Extreme Trekker tires?
I've heard that the Extreme Trekker and Jungle Trekker II's are the best Off Road Tyres ever, With the only Tyres coming close are the Silverstone MT-117 and MT-117 Sport. :)

I have the Gravel Rally Tyre, Silverstone AT-117 Special. :flipoff2:

http://www.silverstone.com.my/

[quote author=Jonathan_Ferguson link=board=1;threadid=4341;start=msg32374#msg32374 date=1060949989]
I've heard that the Extreme Trekker and Jungle Trekker II's are the best Off Road Tyres ever, With the only Tyres coming close are the Silverstone MT-117 and MT-117 Sport. :)

I have the Gravel Rally Tyre, Silverstone AT-117 Special. :flipoff2:

http://silverstone.com.my/
[/quote]
Personally I have never even heard of any of these tires, also the link you have posted requires a login so I still don't know what they look like?

I think that the Jungle Trekker II's will be better, Becouse the Tread is'nt directional and won't require a second spare Wheel. ::)

My Tyres :flipoff2:
DSCN0054.JPG

DSCN0061.JPG

a guy i wheel with has the simex on his 75 series tray, they are a good Offroad tyre, his truck is open diff front and rear, and he gets through mud easier than another 75 that goes with us that runs BFgoodrich muddies and lockers front and rear. don't know how they stack up to boggers and the like though

i think bogger is better in mud, but someone told me that bogger does not have the latteral grip, but simex perform poorly on rocks due to hard rubber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom