Door Panels ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay i feel DUMB but i cant get these stupid fabric door panels off, its stuck on the dumb window crank... how do i get it off that part??

There's a horseshoe type clamp on it. Take a rag and rub it in between the handle base and the panel. The rag will open the horseshoe deal. You can search it for more info. But that's how I did it

With all due respect to those who are able to remove the spring-clip/c-clip wtih a rag...I do not apparently posses the manual dexterity skills to do this...despite many times trying.

Instead, I use a hooked tool. Small, pointy tip, in a hook tip. I push the door panel towards the outer skin, shine a flashlight at the door-handle crank axle, and snag the c-clip with a hooked tip tool. Works great every time.

Similar to one of these sets is what I use...

http://www.king-tool.com/img/tools/800/K4PS.jpg

OK So I must be a clod, I use a screwdriver and carefully push the open ends of the clip with the the end till I can snag the other side with a second screwdriver. I have yet to foul the door panel in any way so I'm sticking with it.

I use a screwdriver and carefully push the open ends of the clip with the the end till I can snag the other side with a second screwdriver. I have yet to foul the door panel in any way so I'm sticking with it.

I've done it like this also using a screwdriver, but what I normally use now is a dental pick. On one side push the clip out some to clear it from the handle then pull it on out.

I always take a crochet needle from my wife. It pulls the clip out first time, every time. The hardest part is finding the clip after it shoots out.

Okay i feel DUMB but i cant get these stupid fabric door panels off, its stuck on the dumb window crank... how do i get it off that part??

Use the t-shirt you're wearing. Belly up to the window crank, grab a handful of t-shirt on either side of the crank, pull up so the t-shirt fabric hooks itself underneath the window crank, keep pulling up while you "saw" the t-shirt back and forth. It'll pop right off -- then you can spend 10 minutes looking for the clip.

The tool at any auto parts store is very cheap and way more convenient that trying to lever that little clip out. I have used two screwdrivers to do it before but own the tool now.

Bicycle spoke.

I recently replaced my 62's driver's door (it was rusted through in a few places) with a door from a 60, and this was the most frustrating thing about the whole process including swapping in the power window in place of the manual. The battle is finding the edge and then prying it up and out. The majority of my time trying to get it off was just trying to locate the little clip.

I used a small flat head screwdriver while pushing down on the actual panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom