Door opened while driving tonight (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok first let me say I feel kinda crazy asking this. 2020 HE w/ ~ 12600 miles.

We left dinner and drove about a mile, doors fully closed and everything seemed normal. We stopped at a traffic light and then as soon as I started touching the gas, we hear a slight pop at the front passenger door. My wife was scrolling on her phone so she didn't accidentally hit the door opener. Then the overhead light comes on and the door ajar message on the dash, with the yellow exclamation point on as well. We pulled over. Her door was ajar but not open. She opened it and pulled it shut, then all was well the rest of the ride home. Has anyone had anything like this? Im fully convinced my wife didn't accidentally pull the door opener.

My Latin teacher in high school had an Alfa Romeo and almost always passed me in the morning when I was walking to school at a spot in the road with a reasonably sharp curve. Every day, I would hear the door on his car slam shut when he went around the curve. This thread made me recall that. He was a real character and so was his car... The spouse eject feature could be a handy option at times, LOL.

To answer OP, no, I don't believe this is common.

More than likely the wife did not get the door fully closed. Regardless of the vehicle it can happen. Not something to worry about unless the door opens and the wife is ejected.
I'd agree with you if we hadn't drove over a mile at 50 mph with no chime/light.

This happened to me twice (driver door) during my last trip to Colorado. Both times it was exceptionally cold, and I had been driving on snow/unpaved when it happened (shortly after getting in, but not immediately). Hadn’t ever happened to me before, and hasn’t happened since. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom