Door hinge pin bushings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just shipped out 6 orders this morning. I was away and then had to leave on a business trip and I forget to grab the bushings before I left. I PM’d tracking to Devo and TapRack. Sorry for the delay.

Last edited:
I just shipped out 6 orders this morning. I was away and then had to leave on a business trip and I forget to grab the bushings before I left. I PM’s tracking to Devo and TapRack. Sorry for the delay.

we know the truth...you took all our cash and went sailing with the ladies. We all saw the video #BushingFatCat:

Report: Life is good.

SouthBoston PM’d and has delivered as everyone here said he would. Even though I wondered what happened to my money and felt his business practice as suspect, I appreciated that he has a strong reputation here with people who could vouch for his good character.

Thanks SouthBoston I can’t wait to have smooth swinging doors.

devo

I want to put some closure to this thread that went a little haywire.

I received my brass bushings today and they look great. I’m a ways away from installing them and maybe I’ll post up impressions of them at a later date.

Thanks SouthBoston.

6B7C6D48-0554-4E59-B135-6A80959AB23A.jpeg

Tried to install mine. Tried 2 different set of door pins. Fits into the door perfect, the pins however do not freely slide through at all. I pushed pretty hard and got one brass bushing about 1/8" on, but had to knock it back off with a wrench.

I don't know if I want to install these, because I do like to take my doors off. I don't see how that will be possible, if I have to pound my pins that hard to get it through bushing. I tried the pins I have currently installed and a brand new set never installed. Any advise? Or anyone having this issue?

Last edited:
Tried to install mine. Tried 2 different set of door pins. Fits into the door perfect, the pins however do not freely slide through at all. I pushed pretty hard and got one brass bushing about 1/8" on, but had to knock it back off with a wrench.

I don't know if I want to install these, because I do like to take my doors off. I don't see how that will be possible, if I have to pound my pins that hard to get it through bushing. I tried through the pins I have currently installed and a brand new set never installed. Any advise? Or anyone having this issue?

Check out my thread. I go into detail on changing out these bushings and also the tire carrier.
Builds - 1979 FJ40 Old School Overhaul

Thanks. Any particular reason this wasn't done in the first place? That doesn't seem very practical for anyone.

They are just general size bushings... and they are the closest to the actual size of the pin...

Dont be afraid to modify anything for better fitment.

To quote my 82 year old friend, who is an old school Hotrodder " when you buy something off the shelf, you are only buying 75% of what you need. The other 25% comes from you trying to make it work!"

It's not that I am afraid to modify. Nice build by the way :). I don't own tools to do that sort if thing. I was under the impression these would just slip right on.

It's not that I am afraid to modify. Nice build by the way :). I don't own tools to do that sort if thing. I was under the impression these would just slip right on.

You assumed every single set of pins were the exact same size?
The tolerances are the difference...

Thanks, I have the plastic ones. I will see what I can do.

You assumed every single set of pins were the exact same size?
The tolerances are the difference...

They are original pins, and have new set. Both same size. Yes I figured they would fit standard pins.

I just shipped out 6 orders this morning. I was away and then had to leave on a business trip and I forget to grab the bushings before I left. I PM’d tracking to Devo and TapRack. Sorry for the delay.
HI southbostonfj40
Im after enough to do both front doors on my cruiser. How do i pay

Thanks

They should fit snugly. I use a block of wood to install mine and bang them in. I use a spare pin to bang them back out.

You should install the top pins upside down so you don’t ruin your paint when you remove them later.

My door limiters are long gone so having a tight fitting bushing prevents the doors from flying forward and slamming the front fender.

If you decide you can’t use them, PM me and I’ll refund your money.

Oldish thread but figured it’d get the attention I need here. I have a set of plastic bushings (SOR I think) and they aren’t even close to fitting in the hinge holes, they’re too big in diameter. This is for a ‘63 (pre-mid) FJ45 SWB. I don’t know if the brass ones are thinner than the plastic but would need to be if there’s any chance they’d fit my hinges and the pins. Do these early hinges even use bushings? (There aren’t any in place). The replacement pins I have from SOR are the same diameter as the original pins, and they are already at interference fit in these hinges without bushings. And I don’t know if later replacement hinges including the quick hinges will fit/work on this rig. Any thoughts or info?

Oldish thread but figured it’d get the attention I need here. I have a set of plastic bushings (SOR I think) and they aren’t even close to fitting in the hinge holes, they’re too big in diameter. This is for a ‘63 (pre-mid) FJ45 SWB. I don’t know if the brass ones are thinner than the plastic but would need to be if there’s any chance they’d fit my hinges and the pins. Do these early hinges even use bushings? (There aren’t any in place). The replacement pins I have from SOR are the same diameter as the original pins, and they are already at interference fit in these hinges without bushings. And I don’t know if later replacement hinges including the quick hinges will fit/work on this rig. Any thoughts or info?
I have a 64 with no bushings anywhere on the vehicle. I do not believe they were on the early ones

That's what I'm guessing @Marn0 . Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom