Door chime and keyless LOCK malfunction (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fireball

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello all,

Have an issue with my 99, did some searching but didn’t come up with much so hoping someone can help!

The door chime now beeps Whenever the driver door is open, regardless of if the key is in or out of the ignition.

Also, the keyless lock function of my key fob isn’t working. Unlock and panic works fine and I just put a new battery in it.

Any thoughts as to what’s happening? Sort of strange and annoying!

TIA for any help,
Ben

So does the alarm decide to go off if you try to unlock the truck with the key after having manually locked it?
Wondering if you either have a bad sensor in one of the doors OR the motors are starting to go out and thus causing issues.

The latter is my issue. I have replaced one door more (drivers) but still have issues where the system is "hunting" to try and figure out what position the locks are in. This causes the system to randomly lock itself (never unlock) and in the instance where I attempt to unlock the truck with either the key or the fob, it will set off the alarm. Looking at the troubleshooting workflow in the manuals this makes me think that one of the lock cylinders is having issue (like due to motor not locking/unlocking completely but just enough to get the door to function) and thus the sensor can't quite make heads or tails of it.

Check the Door Lock Actuator thread for more info on replacing the actuator motors and all that jazz.

So does the alarm decide to go off if you try to unlock the truck with the key after having manually locked it?
Wondering if you either have a bad sensor in one of the doors OR the motors are starting to go out and thus causing issues.

The latter is my issue. I have replaced one door more (drivers) but still have issues where the system is "hunting" to try and figure out what position the locks are in. This causes the system to randomly lock itself (never unlock) and in the instance where I attempt to unlock the truck with either the key or the fob, it will set off the alarm. Looking at the troubleshooting workflow in the manuals this makes me think that one of the lock cylinders is having issue (like due to motor not locking/unlocking completely but just enough to get the door to function) and thus the sensor can't quite make heads or tails of it.

Check the Door Lock Actuator thread for more info on replacing the actuator motors and all that jazz.

By alarm do you mean chime? For mine, the fob works to unlock the vehicle but will not lock it. I have never heard the alarm itself go off.

Mine makes the chime whenever the drivers door is open, but not when any other doors are open. The tempo of the chime is actually faster than the chime letting you know you left your keys in the ignition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom