Does anyone extend their 4wd lever? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 40 is a DD and in the winter months I shift to-from 4wd a lot as I move from slippery to dry pavement. The stock lever is a bit of a reach for me, but it looks like there is clearance for an extension that would bring it up closer to the transmission shifter...

has anyone done this? Thoughts, pics?

Just for giggles take a look at ebay #261410801792 (with brass shift knob) and #261177645607 (with chrome lever). You can modify your 4WD shift lever any way you want provided it does not collide with the tranny shift lever during their cycles.

I couldn't extend mine too far, as when in 4WD Low, the lever is tight against my left leg - this is an Aussie RHD though.... you guys will prob be far better off. Good idea for quick shifts in a slippery spot!

Drew, an added bonus to running twin sticks is having longer and easier to manipulate levers.

Will your seat/console combo allow for moving the trans stick over as well? That would be a factor for me.

I couldn't extend mine too far, as when in 4WD Low, the lever is tight against my left leg - this is an Aussie RHD though.... you guys will prob be far better off. Good idea for quick shifts in a slippery spot!

Mine is also RHD so I was worried about that issue. From eyeballing it, it looks like if I angle the extension up and to the left a bit (for leg clearance) it will still clear the tranny shifter in all cases, but I wasn't sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom