Do Your Side View Mirrors Fold In w/o Much Effort? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Towing for the first time with our 2017 GX460 Luxury last weekend, and was using larger clip on mirrors for towing. Never had any issues with them on the GX470, but the GX460 mirrors don't like them. When cruising at 65mph, the mirrors fold in due to the increased drag from the added mirrors. I noticed that even pushing them in with my hands was very easy compared to the GX470.

Stupid thread I know, but I found it interesting that the mirrors are weak tits.

I tow a square drop with my '13 and have not found the need for clip on mirrors. I just adjust the mirrors to where I need them for towing. :meh:

Sorry I missed the portion of my post where I asked if I needed mirrors to two or not! ;):) Our camper is 8ft wide and 10ft tall, I need tow mirrors.

Are there any more "aero" options for mirrors? Or perhaps not as wide?

Are there any more "aero" options for mirrors? Or perhaps not as wide?
Good idea but not really. I need the width to be safe. I ordered a wireless RV camera setup for now, but found it odd how weak the mirrors were in holding their position.

Reactions: r2m
How about cameras? There are aftermarket 360 degree camera options out there.

How about cameras? There are aftermarket 360 degree camera options out there.

Yeah I ended up ordering a wireless camera system for the rear, which should cover most of what I need. They also have cameras for the sides of the camper, but for now I will stick with the rear.

Yeah I ended up ordering a wireless camera system for the rear, which should cover most of what I need. They also have cameras for the sides of the camper, but for now I will stick with the rear.
Good stuff. Report back on how well it works out. :)

I'm in the same boat needing larger mirrors as my mirrors aren't wide enough to see around my camper trailer. I have a '23 and don't want to scuff up the exterior of them with cheap strap/clip ons. I looked for Prado options but haven't found any yet.

I'm in the same boat needing larger mirrors as my mirrors aren't wide enough to see around my camper trailer. I have a '23 and don't want to scuff up the exterior of them with cheap strap/clip ons. I looked for Prado options but haven't found any yet.

You just gotta know what to look for :p

There's a guy on GXOR that has run these, so they should fit just fine.

You just gotta know what to look for :p

There's a guy on GXOR that has run these, so they should fit just fine.

I really didn't need to see this.

My kids are gonna starve this month.

I really didn't need to see this.

My kids are gonna starve this month.

And they even have a heated option. If they auto folded on power off\on I'd be tempted and I only tow a 13' x 94" with a Ranger on it.

And they even have a heated option. If they auto folded on power off\on I'd be tempted and I only tow a 13' x 94" with a Ranger on it.
As far as I can tell, the only thing I'd miss is the auto-dimming function. My camper has a camera and it is small enough that I really don't NEED these things but man...I love the concept.

I ended up going with a wireless camera setup from Haloview with a stand alone monitor. I purchased a Ram mount suction cup and medium length arm, and mounted it on the windshield to the left of the steering wheel. While it isn't as easy as using bigger mirrors, I really only tow a very small percentage of time and figured the big ass mirrors would be overkill most of the time. It also only takes 60 seconds to stick the suction cup to the windshield and plug it into power.

Haloview Camera

Suction Cup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom