Builds Do I need to buy a flat bill now? Chap79 Tacoma Build (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

chap79

Wheel. Break. Fix. Repeat.
SILVER Star
Threads
Joined the Taco crowd. After much internal dialogue I decided it’s time to let my beloved 80 series go and picked up a new 2020 Tacoma TRD. It’s pretty well equipped with all the new bells and whistles, technology and premium packages.

I’m sure I’ll get another cruiser somewhere down the road but life circumstances dictated something slightly more practical.

I’ve decided to go ahead and use this as the build thread for the taco. Might as well start somewhere.

B23474F5-1144-4403-8E40-8046BFFCF54D.jpeg
7C75526D-9D39-4793-9F17-5B4BBA93DA4C.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep, sold the 80, just waiting on the shipping company to pick her up. But I sold our ‘08 Tundra too. Went back and forth between the taco and T4R trying to decide what to get next. Ultimately the need for the pickup bed won.

Last edited:
It would be better if it just said Toyota.
I’d be down to wear one of the 70’s Toyota t-shirts.

Yep, but I sold our ‘08 Tundra too.

Selling the Tundra exempts you from the flat brim. Tundras are WAY more of a “bro-dozer” in the making than Tacomas. You may however, need to pick up some skinny jeans...

Selling the Tundra exempts you from the flat brim. Tundras are WAY more of a “bro-dozer” in the making than Tacomas. You may however, need to pick up some skinny jeans...
:rofl:
Not going to happen. I won't even wear jeans with a tapered leg.

I guess you could go the “overland” route and buy zip-off pants/shorts and a Tilley hat! :flipoff2:

Although, I’m not far from this topic myself with a new Taco in the driveway. At least it’s for my wife and she looks gooood in skinny jeans!

Nice truck! Just don't join the TacomaWorld forum or you're gonna need the flat bill and your IQ will likely drop 15 points...

There is a few of us buying these trucks now, so hopefully the tech info will find its way to ‘Mud!

Nice truck! Just don't join the TacomaWorld forum or you're gonna need the flat bill and your IQ will likely drop 15 points...
Too late... but I also have accounts on yotatech, ttora, toyotanation, tundrasolutions, toyota-4runner, clublexus....

and I 110% agree with @Brake Weight, lots of crap to wade through on pretty much all of those forums. The only reason to sign up at any of those other sites it to actually view pics and maybe see less ads. There's a few nuggets of info here and there but your better off just googling it and refining your search to a particular site (sound familiar :rolleyes:).

I will give the taco crowd this though, they are some 3d printing fools. Custom panels for everything. I did get some MESO led lights for the interior. @NLXTACY needs to step up the LC game.

I knew you when.....

At l east there are lots of options. Look forward to seeing what you do with this. If you need anything printed let me know.
You got it!

I’m hoping the “support group” can help me feel better about myself... Someone drove away in my 100 tonight leaving me with only my ‘89 4Runner and 2020 Tacoma for solace. I almost cried when it drove away. I will drown my sorrows tomorrow by depositing a hefty bank draft, and ordering a lift for the Tacoma.

I’m hoping the “support group” can help me feel better about myself... Someone drove away in my 100 tonight leaving me with only my ‘89 4Runner and 2020 Tacoma for solace. I almost cried when it drove away. I will drown my sorrows tomorrow by depositing a hefty bank draft, and ordering a lift for the Tacoma.
Which lift are you going with? A lot of options for the Taco.

I believe my sliders will be arriving tomorrow. Normally I would just build them myself but I’ve been short on time. The never ending honey do list, wife had me repainting the master bath this weekend.

Unless you paint it flat black , put in a thumpin' stereo and put 22" wheels, you're ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom