Do I loosen and retorque control arms after lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m current in the process of finishing up installing my 3” icon lift. No control arms or sway bars were exchanged. Do I loosen the upper and lower control arms and retighten when the vehicle is back on the ground? Thank you!

Can I just loosen one end of the control arms? Regardless which one?
The fronts you can do just the one bolt at the frame. The rears you must do all four connecting points.

You also need to do both ends of your panhard bars front and rear.

To clarify, you want to loosen these up before you lift the truck to swap the springs. The whole idea is to let all that drop happen by having the arms rotate around the loose bolt, and not by having the rubber stretch by that amount

To clarify, you want to loosen these up before you lift the truck to swap the springs. The whole idea is to let all that drop happen by having the arms rotate around the loose bolt, and not by having the rubber stretch by that amount
Then tighten them back up once the truck is back on the ground correct?

Lol oh yeah!

Final question. Does it matter if i tighten the bolts with my stock wheels or do I need to out on my new wheels 35” (still need to get tires mounted)?
Any wheels are fine, it's the lift that will make the difference in the suspension linkages. You'll just be happier when those 35's are on there...;)

Any wheels are fine, it's the lift that will make the difference in the suspension linkages. You'll just be happier when those 35's are on there...;)
Thank you so much! Yes im stoked! Then install my S/C next 😬😬.

Delta arms i’m waiting on. adjustable panhard rods and rear upper/lower control arms necessary for 3” lift?

Thank you so much! Yes im stoked! Then install my S/C next 😬😬.

Delta arms i’m waiting on. adjustable panhard rods and rear upper/lower control arms necessary for 3” lift?
Maybe. Maybe not.

Then double cardan front DS.

Cupholders.
Don't forget the cupholders.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Then double cardan front DS.

Cupholders.
Don't forget the cupholders.
I can't believe he lifted the truck before adding cup holders....

I had to add the Delta rear pan hard bracket for my 3 inch lift. Did not need the adjustable control arms. Probably do need the double cardan front DS but have not gotten around to it yet. Tried new U joints and it still feels like I am getting some vibrations there, particularly on deceleration. Whether or not you need them will depend on the truck, how you drive and the lift you chose. I would suggest adding replacement of all your bushings at some point if they are original.

I can't believe he lifted the truck before adding cup holders....

I had to add the Delta rear pan hard bracket for my 3 inch lift. Did not need the adjustable control arms. Probably do need the double cardan front DS but have not gotten around to it yet. Tried new U joints and it still feels like I am getting some vibrations there, particularly on deceleration. Whether or not you need them will depend on the truck, how you drive and the lift you chose. I would suggest adding replacement of all your bushings at some point if they are original.
Thank you!

I finished installing my 3” icon stage 1 kit. Will post pics ones my wheels are on 😬

What does “DS” stand for?

My front driver side spring is bowing forward a little. Normal? Will correcting my caster fix it or is it not an issue? Im also using a rubber spacer at the top of the spring if that makes a difference.

448EBD79-7A0F-4CDA-A81D-4B8B99E15631.jpeg

217BE8AC-2DF6-43A0-A5A8-D5E52DD5C31B.jpeg

I’m current in the process of finishing up installing my 3” icon lift. No control arms or sway bars were exchanged. Do I loosen the upper and lower control arms and retighten when the vehicle is back on the ground? Thank you!
No. It's pointless. They're designed to allow rotation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom