• PLEASE READ >>> Accounts Security Locked

The link above goes to a thread in the Announcements - Help - Testing section of the forum....you are welcome to follow normal menu structure and find it there. ~woody

Do Greasable Bushings Need Greasable Shackles?

My stock bushings are shot and looking to replace. Reading on CCOT, it seems the poly bushings are cheaper and better, but do they need to have the grease to work? I.e., do I have to install greasable shackles to use them?

It seems like all of the aftermarket shackles have a lift. The HFS shackles are 1.5" taller in the front and 2.5" in the back over stock. Do I need to make any other modifications if I install these. Longer shocks? Brake lines?

check out Sor's website for stock length greasable shackles.

Land Cruiser Shackles Link

Extended shackles will only lift the vehicle by half the extended length. So if the shackle is 1 inch over stock it will result in about a half inch of lift. This should minimize the need for any other mods to compensate for lift unless you're going extreme on the shackle length.

BG_TX

SILVER Star
It seems like all of the aftermarket shackles have a lift. The HFS shackles are 1.5" taller in the front and 2.5" in the back over stock. Do I need to make any other modifications if I install these. Longer shocks? Brake lines?

No mods are needed to run longer shackles (unless you install something ridiculous overstock). Don't forget to replace the shackle pin/hangers with greasable as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom