Do Greasable Bushings Need Greasable Shackles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My stock bushings are shot and looking to replace. Reading on CCOT, it seems the poly bushings are cheaper and better, but do they need to have the grease to work? I.e., do I have to install greasable shackles to use them?

It seems like all of the aftermarket shackles have a lift. The HFS shackles are 1.5" taller in the front and 2.5" in the back over stock. Do I need to make any other modifications if I install these. Longer shocks? Brake lines?

check out Sor's website for stock length greasable shackles.

Land Cruiser Shackles Link

Extended shackles will only lift the vehicle by half the extended length. So if the shackle is 1 inch over stock it will result in about a half inch of lift. This should minimize the need for any other mods to compensate for lift unless you're going extreme on the shackle length.

It seems like all of the aftermarket shackles have a lift. The HFS shackles are 1.5" taller in the front and 2.5" in the back over stock. Do I need to make any other modifications if I install these. Longer shocks? Brake lines?

No mods are needed to run longer shackles (unless you install something ridiculous overstock). Don't forget to replace the shackle pin/hangers with greasable as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom