DIY Smartphone Scan Gauge - OBD Fusion (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've switched to 91 octane for the last few tank's and am consistently seeing higher KCLVs now on my very repeatable drives to and from work. I had been consistently between 10 and 12 and now on 91 octane am consistently between 13 and 15 for what it's worth. Also see about .5 to 1 mpg better mileage. Not 10% better to match the 10% higher cost but I think I'll stick with it.
That’s awesome if it holds. I tried and at least on an 1500 mile highway trip I saw zero difference in mileage either way (750 out with 91+, 750 back on 87). 12 mpg both ways. Going 80 doesn’t help I’m sure

Just picked up a Veepeak DLE+ (on sale at Amazon) and will be getting OBD Fusion to monitor transmission temps and other data. Liking the dashboards and info in this thread, great resource :cheers:

It seems to me after browsing this thread that the OBD Fusion app works with various OBD2 dongles. I have an UltraGauge Blue that I bought a few years ago when they had an apple supported app. When I upgraded my iPhone from an XR to a 13Pro, I discovered the app was no longer being serviced and wouldn’t work on my new phone… So, I’ve been looking for a solution since then. I would prefer to use my iPhone with an app than to have yet another device on my windshield or dash. Can anyone confirm if OBD Fusion app works with the UltraGauge OBD 2 dongle?

I‘m about to pick up my SCS F5s on Wednesday, tires should also be available.

Can I now just install „Toyota TPMS valves“ in my 99‘ (so without any existing monitoring system), add them into ODB Fusion and one of these bluetooth adapter to see tire pressure on my screen?!?

If that‘s true I surely go this way!!

Can I now just install „Toyota TPMS valves“ in my 99‘ (so without any existing monitoring system), add them into ODB Fusion and one of these bluetooth adapter to see tire pressure on my screen?!?

TPMS is not available through OBD so you can’t get tire pressure on the OBF Fusion app.

Last edited:
I’m getting TPMS values via OBD fusion. 2006LC. Followed the recommendations on this thread and purchased the Toyota enhanced diagnostics add-on for $15

If you are saying that your truck does not currently have a TPMS, then just adding sensors to the wheels will not give you a fully functioning system. The TPMS requires sensors in the wheels and a receiver to collect data from the wheel sensors (OBD Fusion is not a receiver). If you have no system at all and want one, you should look at the TPMS add on systems. There seem to be plenty of those on Amazon/eBay.

Yep, I know these screw on valve with solar display ones. As I get new wheels and tires I thought I could add proper valves and just see them via the app.

Thanks for your comments.

Can anyone tell me the name of the PID for the current transmission gear I’m in? I just got the OBD fmFusion app with the vehicle upgraded pack. I have a 2009 LX

Can anyone tell me the name of the PID for the current transmission gear I’m in? I just got the OBD fmFusion app with the vehicle upgraded pack. I have a 2009 LX
“Status of the Gear Position” under the Toyota/Lexus/Scion PIDs

Note that at least for me it’s good for the drive gears, but park/reverse/neutral show as numbers not letters

“Status of the Gear Position” under the Toyota/Lexus/Scion PIDs

Note that at least for me it’s good for the drive gears, but park/reverse/neutral show as numbers not letters
same here… IIRC, for example 9 = park & reverse (for my 2018).

“Status of the Lockup” for the torque converter is helpful as well - displayed as 0 or 1.

Dumb question but on my android phone I do not get the "menu" 3 dots to adjust my dash boards.

How do I fix this?
Android Sonim xp8

I did turn the use simple dash board off.

But still no menu dots...

Any thought on how to fix this?

obd-01.jpg

obd-02.jpg

obd-03.jpg

Dumb question but on my android phone I do not get the "menu" 3 dots to adjust my dash boards.

How do I fix this?
Android Sonim xp8

I did turn the use simple dash board off.

But still no menu dots...

Any thought on how to fix this?

View attachment 3550417

View attachment 3550418

View attachment 3550419
Not much help here. The iPhone does not have these dots either. There are horizontal dots in the bottom middle screen, but they do not represent a "settings" area. They just show you which dashboard you are on. ie. I have 3 dashboards, so I have 3 dots and the one that I'm on is highlighted. None of those dots appear to be highlighted in your screen shot, so I don't believe it's the same function. The iPhone just has a menu button in the top right to get to the settings for dashboards.

I mostly just posted to say that you probably want to leave the "simple dashboards" checked. It doesn't really mean what it seems like it means. Having simple enabled makes it so dashboards that are shared to you will work on your phone. With it turned off, then only dashboards designed specifically for your vehicle will work.

On a plus side. While digging around in the settings to see how mine looked compared to the post above, I see the app has been updated for iPhone and there is now a Carplay section in the settings. Not sure what it's going to do, but would be pretty cool if it means there will be dashboards that get pushed to Carplay. It looks like it's a tuned down version of the standard dashboard where you can add PIDs, but I don't think you can determine their placement. But still a step in the right direction.

Edit: here is a screenshot:

IMG_7195.png

Last edited:
On a plus side. While digging around in the settings to see how mine looked compared to the post above, I see the app has been updated for iPhone and there is now a Carplay section in the settings. Not sure what it's going to do, but would be pretty cool if it means there will be dashboards that get pushed to Carplay. It looks like it's a tuned down version of the standard dashboard where you can add PIDs, but I don't think you can determine their placement. But still a step in the right direction.

Edit: here is a screenshot:

View attachment 3551190
Ah, cool. Thanks for pointing this out. It’s in Settings > Preferences > CarPlay. Looks like there is some customization here.
One more reason to upgrade the LC screen. :)

I got my OBD fusion dashboards all setup and personalized at the end of last summer and a few months back a bunch of my gauge titles in all the dashboards changed and say MPH now. Gauge types, colors, and ranges etc all seem the same. I didn't complete any phone updates that would have caused this and tried updating the app to no avail. Anyone else experience this or have the fix? TIA

I got my OBD fusion dashboards all setup and personalized at the end of last summer and a few months back a bunch of my gauge titles in all the dashboards changed and say MPH now. Gauge types, colors, and ranges etc all seem the same. I didn't complete any phone updates that would have caused this and tried updating the app to no avail. Anyone else experience this or have the fix? TIA
I had this happen. Pretty sure my fix was to disconnect my account from the app and reconnect it. Not sure if I had to reload the dashboards. Hopefully you saved them somewhere. I think an update in the app itself messed something up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom