DIY oil separator results (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is a 12,236 mile report. I totally cleaned this TB and both intake manifolds.

Homedepot air compressor oil separator.

image.jpg

5A57083C-99B0-45A7-A80D-F9EE67707FC2.jpeg

Totally cleaned before installing the separator or just now cleaned everything up??

Is that all of the oil captured after 12,000 miles or did you empty the bottle (how frequently)?

How does the inside of the upper intake plenum look on the other side of the butterfly valve ie: after installing the separator?

Last edited:
Totally cleaned before installing the separator or just cleaned everything up??

Is that all of the oil captured after 12,000 miles or did you empty the bottle (how frequently)?

How does the inside of the upper intake plenum look on the other side of the butterfly valve?
Yes, the intake was removed and completely decarborized 12,000 miles ago. As was the TB.

I empty the separator about every 800 miles, usually about an ounce of oil/condensation.

It’s all back together now, maybe I will pop it off again and open the TB plate to see!

Totally cleaned before installing the separator or just cleaned everything up??

How does the inside of the upper intake plenum look on the other side of the butterfly valve
No!? 282k mile 80? A “before” shot would be nice if you have it.
This it the best pic I have of before

7F57E8D8-6E6E-4CF2-B9B2-63FF2A1CE766.jpeg

That looks suspiciously like the blue one I have in my truck.
I did the same thing - cleaned everything and installed that separator.
But unlike yourself (sounds like), I have to empty it after every trail run where it is about half full after 8hrs or so of runtime.
Head is tired.

I'm sold.

Sanity check - If I'm running a 1HZ diesel without any of that EGR crap, there's no benefit for this is there? A little bit if oil back through the breather isn't going to matter, right?

Sanity check - If I'm running a 1HZ diesel without any of that EGR crap, there's no benefit for this is there? A little bit if oil back through the breather isn't going to matter, right?
No 1HZ experience but 3B.

With the 3B it was just dumped/vented overboard. There was a breather tube off the lifter bay cover that vented it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom