DIY Diff Drop Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can somebody confirm the diameter for the front and rear puck style spacer for the diff drop? I have seen some use 1 5/8" diameter and others using 2.5" diameter.

For the front spacer i have that as 1" thick and the rear as .57" thick?

Can anybody confirm?

Thanks.
KO

The design for the drop diff was written up here way back when, just have to use your kung fu search skills.

Thanks. I was searching for that drawing.

Where do I start:rofl:......It was good entertainment :popcorn:IMO and I kinda miss him

He did receive his own smiley :deadhorse:

Ive been wondering this myself and the curiousity is killing me
from what I gathered he was sensitive about the IFS in our trucks not getting the recognition they deserved by more traditioonal (Solid axle) mudders

edit: since this is TECH - For those wondering on Diff drop or not consider this Diff drop is cheaper than replacing ONE CV axle.......good insurance for a lifted rig, YMMV

Ive been wondering this myself and the curiousity is killing me
from what I gathered he was sensitive about the IFS in our trucks not getting the recognition they deserved by more traditioonal (Solid axle) mudders

edit: since this is TECH - For those wondering on Diff drop or not consider this Diff drop is cheaper than replacing ONE CV axle.......good insurance for a lifted rig, YMMV

FWIW I have owned 6 100 series (99-06) and only one with a diff drop (installed by PO) and never replaced an axle:hmm:

FWIW I have owned 6 100 series (99-06) and only one with a diff drop (installed by PO) and never replaced an axle:hmm:

But have you run true 35's under full compression on the bump stops and your fenders have lived to tell about it...? LOL long live the Shotts legacy!

:eek:

What sort of lift have you run with them? 2.5? Debating the diff drop purchase...

All over the place the 100 with the diff drop ran 35's and had the worst torque steer of any vehicle. Now I run a 2wd conversion and CV angle is not a big concern.

Again my experience YMMV

Br70j6QsVkoZsVSnMVezVUNAFdmwaFW4diseC1EZNGfP4RNloQkjBT27Y_NqELE8kRBFSCNPwjpN4SCJR282NAgKoWLTfWa6NFYiqcJuR2V_xB3EneYDji2P1u-EDjveFelcNxB6El4n6V0Wiqm2fqJhLtKhjPss-m7u-EE9p26CxhVoRez9VqA8El6yYoeIAzNzCpbFyqDuGnqgxMmr4W3simvZfkJq36nDR4H_zuxC1h9Ha7NO-gxHUreELm6xxXmEk-TD1AVIteEX6nyUWJnhZAkrED8cHMMOpFnjOv3UlVcgM_Vzg_RVS6VbDwwrdq1skOkfqd5xvNrgq_cOPNdLUGz4f0h4OoZzN8B0RsQhOWCkbLgSrQNrbqK5FAf8N-MsYZLhsIZQQYEl5__l27h0NzC2a6vJ7adtINwxqkMR4s39QVZcxSr-aiSe3MsqQx79NhblEb-R_Y8NaI2OLqSltMdPiBtcA_eyoMOpE2JzQSWM4_qDApxtQWewXRLXHJ2iF2Hy6q69NKDcBXFIlvqHjWix6bnzTwcj9QCmTvU_yKciKANdTlAuZExjWt1h1ZiRy-5uvI7nefU5Dkqu51EzI9YiHJDPIw9jrlTq=w1332-h888-no

Rather that start a new thread I thought I'd ask here. I installed a diff drop, and the front nut thats buried in the frame cross member is stripped!
I thought it might be some old burrs in there so I retapped with 14mm 1.5 pitch which is the correct size. I was able to get it tighter but not to the 137 FT LBs its supposed to be. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. At this point I wont be driving it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom