DIY brake lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Godwin

Resident Herpetologist
SILVER Star
Threads
I'm looking for some guidance here. I'm sure this info has been posted before but my search skills are poor.

I need to bend up some brake lines and need to know what size and type of line is needed? 3/16" nicopp?
What is a good source for a coil of line? Checked with the nearest NAPA yesterday and they had nothing but pre-made lines without metric fittings. One of the other locals (Advance Auto, Autozone, O'reilys) may have it but I'm unsure of the quality. Is there a good online source?

Tons of online sources. Amazon, Summit, Jegs, etc. 3/16”, steel, stainless, or copper nickel. I prefer copper nickel the most and it is worth the extra cost. Just make sure you are getting actual copper nickel and not coated steel.

Got all my brake line and fittings at my local NAPA they had everything I needed.
Not 100% sure if it was Copper Nickel, pretty sure it was the steel stuff.

My favorite is FedHill. They are extremely thorough and sell top quality stuff. If they don’t stock it I seriously don’t think it exists.

I ordered a selection of fittings, or reuse your old ones if you don’t know what you need. I don’t remember if you need ones that are fully threaded, or have a non-threaded section & a long neck. You need 3/16” OD tubing. I used CNF because everything I read said to. It seems like a good product.

Last edited:
I used these fittings. They’re 11mm though.

Mainly went with the above because of this thread

And copper nickel line from amazon.

To get from the hard line to tundra calipers, i used 20” flexible lines from Summit, I think.

I hate needing multiple size wrenches when working with brake lines. A lot of the aftermarket M10 tube nuts have a 11mm or 7/16" wrench hex. These will be good, stainless too.

Amazon product ASIN B01KNGVPCC

I think so.

Napa has the long line nuts. P/n 6413320
10mm wrench.

A59CCF7A-FCF2-49CE-BF5B-18C676D7B97D.jpeg

788157C4-7F29-4CA9-BCE5-D5708E93B7DC.jpeg

tmp-cam-9034256531909743436.jpg

Stainless nuts can be found if you're Google crafty. Nickel copper line unless you're a masochist and want to try your hand at stainless line.

Oreilly and autozone all carry the same stuff. The 10mm japanese lines have a PAJ in the part #, the 3/8 domestic start with PA and the
10mm bubble flare is PAE (european). The numbers refer to lengths. It's best to go into these stores educated. Many of their associates have no clue about the J and E designation
1567289603939.png

1567289734452.png

1567289794607.png

none of the nuts shown (other than the summit racing ones) have the unthreaded part like the OEM nuts. will they still work or is there a toyota specific nut i need to find?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom