distributor help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
forgot, also....

my vac advance dizzy has no ID of any sort. I forget whether it was from an old F1 or came with the F2 I now have.
Are the F1 and F2 versions interchangeable?
engine is '74

dizzy 2_19 rebuild (5).JPG

dizzy 2_19 rebuild (6).JPG

dizzy 2_19 rebuild (7).JPG

It may be a Delco-Remy replacement sold by Man-a-Fre back in the day.

It looks Toyota to me.

It's not the original distributor that came in the vehicle, they were vacuum retard. The advancer suggests it's an earlier F engine distributor, but there are quite a few other features to consider. First, the breaker plate is the type used on later non-US distributors and other non-Land Cruiser Toyota distributors. Second, there are no small holes where the early metal ID tag was attached to the distributor housing. Third, there is no oiler cup provision on the side of the housing. Fourth, the distributor cap clamp adjacent to the advancer body wasn't used on the earlier F engine distributors. Fifth, the wire clip under the advancer mounting screw wasn't used on the F distributors with a replacement advancer.

My guess is that it's a non-US distributor that's had its advancer replaced at some time in the past. It could even be an aftermarket Century (made in Japan)
F engine distributor.

BTW, the breaker plate stationary plates is installed 180 degrees off.

ouch!
it's been in the machine for 10+ years.

so, how do I get the breaker plater out?? assuming I want to try to 'fix' it

The breaker plate is fine the way it is, no need to change it.

I am with @4Cruisers on the Century theory, as they are the only source I have ever seen mix and match the holddown clips for the cap. And the large hole at about 10 o’ clock in the third pic suggests that it HAD the early points tower, but it was physically removed from the breaker plate.

well, There's a missing stud to anchor the points....I don't suppose those are available or easy to find. Makes it sorta unusable if I want to switch back to points from the fireball

well, There's a missing stud to anchor the points....I don't suppose those are available or easy to find. Makes it sorta unusable if I want to switch back to points from the fireball
No, your breaker plate is designed for the later points used on 2F distributors 1/75 through 9/77 - Toyota Part Number 04191-40010.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom