Dissent Rear and Swing Arm Bike Racks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ha. I saw that email as well... right after I bought a 2x tray a few days ago. Alas, money well spent. Happy to pay an extra 9% for a product that will last!

Recently installed second swing out with bike rack and AluBox rack

FAA4BCE6-5B17-46B9-BD17-7B0F18216902.jpeg

I’ve been wanting to do the same but don’t want to drill holes. It looks like you have some type of mounting solution here. Do you mind sharing your set-up?

Are you asking how I mounted the Alubox? I just use the mounting kit they have here —>. K9 AluBox Mount - https://www.equipt1.com/products/alu-box-mount

Didn’t have to drill any holes into Dissent’s rack when mounted directly. Currently i have it on Dissent‘s attachment rack you see in my pic (un mounted); but I had to cut one side off to make the AluBox swing work.
6915658C-C4C2-4444-8785-AE1759A39229.jpeg

Last edited:
Are you asking how I mounted the Alubox? I just use the mounting kit they have here —>. K9 AluBox Mount - https://www.equipt1.com/products/alu-box-mount

Didn’t have to drill any holes into Dissent’s rack when mounted directly. Currently i have it on Dissent‘s attachment rack you see in my pic (un mounted); but I had to cut one side off to make the AluBox swing work.View attachment 2888216
Oh nice! Thank you. Sorry I wasn't very clear, the "no-drill" I was talking about is to the Alubox. Your solution is functional (lockable) and clean. I like it but just not in my budget at the moment. What size (L) is your Alubox here? Btw I also have the same tray.

@barukinzs - I have the 73l. I figured it was a good Goldilocks size; not too big, not too small. As you can see in the dirty picture, drove up to mountains and back with it and it held firm back there no problems.

@barukinzs - I have the 73l. I figured it was a good Goldilocks size; not too big, not too small. As you can see in the dirty picture, drove up to mountains and back with it and it held firm back there no problems.
that's awesome!

I can measure the next time I slap the bikes and rack on but it’s not bad. Even with a big 29er, it’s only maybe 6-8 inches and not any more than the passenger mirror does.

Actual tray on the swing out is flush with the side of the truck.

6C8EC3B9-F148-4FA0-BBC6-BA5D357E2698.jpeg

Amount of overhang is dependent on the bike. My 29er with a L frame has the far wheel out about 12” when measured off the right side.

E0915280-6EDA-458D-B91D-70477CCFF9D3.jpeg

Close-up:
7BBC7231-5DD4-45D3-B0F3-E006A20306DB.jpeg

Obviously this is dependent on your wheelbase (frame size, wheel size, type of bike, etc.) but that’s where mine sits.

For reference passenger mirror is about 9” out.

27638130-55C4-4BD0-B1A2-419A3BABF188.jpeg

So basically the bike makes me just a couple of inches wider which is manageable but still something I pay attention to.

145F2328-F6AD-4B43-BB75-FB3DADA5E80D.jpeg

76396CA5-E170-474E-B4A7-344F0CB2E85C.jpeg

CCD494AA-B70C-4809-9428-B0C0608262CB.jpeg

Thanks for the motivation to go ahead and upgrade. Swapped out a well used Thule 3 bike for the 1up rack. I absolutely love the quailty, fit and finish of the rack!

Last edited:
100% agree. The only gripe I have is based on the position of the swing arm hitch, you can’t fold the 1UP rack up to the 90° position. You’re limited to the 45° setting (at least with a 2 tray) unless you want to monkey with a hitch extension. Really the only downside is accessing the back is a little more cumbersome as is trying to parallel park.

Does anyone tow a trailer while also hauling their bikes on the Dissent bumper? Any issues? I have a small off-road trailer that doesn't have a place to mount bikes and this would be an ideal setup if it would work...

Anyone have a review/video for how stable the bikes are on the dissent bumper? If so has anyone added a tie down to make the rack not wobble so much.

My only worry is the extra hitch and the heavy 1up bike rack or similar tray style will introduce a lot of weight away from the mounting points.

Anyone have a review/video for how stable the bikes are on the dissent bumper? If so has anyone added a tie down to make the rack not wobble so much.

My only worry is the extra hitch and the heavy 1up bike rack or similar tray style will introduce a lot of weight away from the mounting points.
I have thought about this long and hard.

A method: run a cam adjustable strap from the bike mount tray foundation (1up, etc) up to your assumed aftermarket roof rack (um....probably going to need one to haul associated stuff). tighten the hell out of it. might take 2 straps (one at each end of bike tray). you will be putting upward load on the tray foundation creating a "loaded cantilever spring" (really really stiff one) of the bike tray mount. Tray mount/strap should handle that ok. roof rack should be ok if mounted correctly. You will probably need to put misc rubbing protection (foam or rubber hose) between strap and any strap routing bend (like roof body or ?).

That's my plan anyway.

Cam strap: Amazon product ASIN B077XK7SDG

Has anyone test fit the rig’d bike rack with dissent swing arms? Aren’t they locked in from the rear of the hitch? Is there enough clearance.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom