Dissent offroad modular front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

benc

Supporting Vendor
Threads
No bull bar, 3x3 and bullet lights.
image.jpeg
Large stinger
image.jpeg
Full LC bull bar
image.jpeg
Small stinger on left full LC bar on right
image.jpeg
full lx bull bar.
image.jpeg
Thanks for all the orders!
The bumper is in full production and if you would like to place an order you can email me or pm me. Bencalhoon86@gmail.com.

This is a completely modular bumper meaning the the wings and bull bar options are all bolt on. The option list below shows all the different configurations that are available.
It will except any 8k-12k non integrated foot down winch, (some will require remote mounting of the control box)
This bumper is also one of if not the lightest bumpers on the market and will require no suspension mods, it is 85lbs without bull bar and 110lbs with.
It is all made from 10ga steel with plenty of gussets and reinforcements where needed. If your looking for a bumper that is light weight yet extremely strong, low profile, customizable ,high clearance and won't make your rig look like it has a large overbite, please consider mine.
Thanks.

Updated price and option list,
Assembled modular front bumper$1075
Full lx tube bull bar$250(will also work on LC)

Full LC riser style bull bar$275

Small stinger$100

Large stinger$125

Blank top plates$25 (bumper comes with 1 set)

3x3 led flush mount cut outs$50

3/4" bullet led blinker cut outs$25

4" round cutouts with Nissan fog lights $175

Sand blast, zinc primer and powder coat$250 (local pick up only)

Hardware$35

1" body lift brackets$75

9" led lights x2 with plugs$300

3x3 led flood lights x2 with plugs$100

3/4" clear/amber led bullet lights with plugs x10 $100

Last edited:
Your bumper is by far my favorite.

Last edited:
Any pics without the grill guard?

It really is an excellent looking bumper - you did a great job with your approach of minimal bulk. Can you post some pictures of the mounting system? I think there is an obvious lack of diversity in the marketplace for bumpers and quite a gap between traditional bull bars and the Slee blueberry front bumper.

I love the Slee Blueberry profile, but the price point hurts! If you are coming in around $900-$1000, I think you have a good opportunity to fill a niche. I would love to see shackle mounts on this number too! Any plans for a rear with tire carrier?

Very nice looking design! I'd also be curious as to the mounting system of the bumper to the frame and the winch to the bumper. Does the bumper allow for a "feet forward" winch mount? Lastly, I don't see any access to the winch through the top, just the two round holes inboard of the brush guard mounts, am I missing something?

I'm on the "Very interested in the next 6-12 month" list.

I'm assuming you'd allow for minor customization, e.g. moving the round holes (for lights) to the other side of the vertical grille guards? Although, I can see where the angles would complicate it a bit.

Also wondering about winch access. I keep referencing my Demello bumper (sorry) because of the similarity in design... the top had a decent size hole allowing (tight) access for flipping the lever and watching the cable spool. I mounted the winch remote on the top of the bumper - allowed for a smaller opening on the top...
FrontSideBumperThree.jpg

It really is an excellent looking bumper - you did a great job with your approach of minimal bulk. Can you post some pictures of the mounting system? I think there is an obvious lack of diversity in the marketplace for bumpers and quite a gap between traditional bull bars and the Slee blueberry front bumper.
I don't have any reel good pics of the mounting system. I think it mounts pretty similar to the blueberry bumper. I will require frame ends cut and some drilling.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418050898.701736.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418050937.525230.jpg

I love the Slee Blueberry profile, but the price point hurts! If you are coming in around $900-$1000, I think you have a good opportunity to fill a niche. I would love to see shackle mounts on this number too! Any plans for a rear with tire carrier?
There are shackle mounts in the grill guard where it sticks out from the front of the bumper. It just hard the tell in the pics. As for the price, I could prob keep it around there if there is enough interest. I do have a rear design but that is a little further out
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418051250.961635.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418051301.635775.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418051327.901119.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418051350.630182.jpg

How much clearance between the hoop and the fender flare and does the bumper extend into the wheelwell arch? Hard to tell by the pics.

Guessing you are on the left coast as for shipping options?
There is prob a 1/2 in. No that pic is before the ends were trimed and caped. Now it matches the wheel well. And yes I'm in nor cal.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418051603.166857.jpg

Very nice looking design! I'd also be curious as to the mounting system of the bumper to the frame and the winch to the bumper. Does the bumper allow for a "feet forward" winch mount? Lastly, I don't see any access to the winch through the top, just the two round holes inboard of the brush guard mounts, am I missing something?
This bumper the winch is feet down. That worked best with its design. It allowed the winch to mount low and still keep a low profile bumper. The holes in the front are the winch access. There could be a viewing cut out up top if you had cable but with rope it is not needed. In this pick you can see all the gussets on the winch plate and around the winch bolts. I have winched pretty hard and there is no movement at all.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418052235.649980.jpg
this is from the back side.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418052297.596435.jpg
this is the front, notice the gussets near the winch bolts

I'm on the "Very interested in the next 6-12 month" list.

I'm assuming you'd allow for minor customization, e.g. moving the round holes (for lights) to the other side of the vertical grille guards? Although, I can see where the angles would complicate it a bit.

Also wondering about winch access. I keep referencing my Demello bumper (sorry) because of the similarity in design... the top had a decent size hole allowing (tight) access for flipping the lever and watching the cable spool. I mounted the winch remote on the top of the bumper - allowed for a smaller opening on the top...
FrontSideBumperThree.jpg
The holes are for winch access. There could be lights added to the wings. I planed on mounting some 3x3 LEDs in the wings. I though about having a viewing cut out on top but if you put a light bar like I did it would just get covered. Plus if your running rope is better to keep the uv rays off. This design does make it tricky for the winch control box. It does have to be mounted remotely.

I just finished my front and rear and they look very similar. The front is 3/16 steel the winch area is one solid bent piece. and the wings are also bent and welded at the joints.

The rear bumper is formed 1/4 steel with 10Ga wings. I still need to add the receiver and also swing outs but was waiting on parts. Both are just rattle can matte black for now I think i will have them color matched to the dark gray of my 2 toned LC.

If you can make them and sell them under 1500 bucks Kudos to you. I would lose money at that price and no I dont make and sell them I work at a metal fab shop and just did them as a one off for me so I did not have to blow 2-3K on bumpers for a LC I paid 5 grand for lol

and before you ask about the winch ya its a pain to get to for service but you have clear access to the controls from under the hood.

frontbumper.jpg

rearbumper.jpg

I just finished my front and rear and they look very similar. The front is 3/16 steel the winch area is one solid bent piece. and the wings are also bent and welded at the joints.

The rear bumper is formed 1/4 steel with 10Ga wings. I still need to add the receiver and also swing outs but was waiting on parts. Both are just rattle can matte black for now I think i will have them color matched to the dark gray of my 2 toned LC.

If you can make them and sell them under 1500 bucks Kudos to you. I would lose money at that price and no I dont make and sell them I work at a metal fab shop and just did them as a one off for me so I did not have to blow 2-3K on bumpers for a LC I paid 5 grand for lol

and before you ask about the winch ya its a pain to get to for service but you have clear access to the controls from under the hood.

frontbumper.jpg

rearbumper.jpg
There is a big difference between a custom bumper and production bumper in price. For a custom bumper like this I would at least have to charge $2000 to make it worth while. If I get it into production I will have a local metal shop cut and bend it for me then all I have to do is weld it together. There is a pretty good amount of cost involved up front to get it all on cad but once that's done it done. The front will be no problem at all keeping it under $1500 but the rear with swing outs is a different story! I have about $1000 just in materials on my bumper.

Ok, so after crunching some numbers this is what I have come up with for the first 5.
$800 without grill guard $900 with center grill guard and $1000 with full grill guard. But there is a catch, I would need 5 people willing to give a $150 deposit. I know that is asking a lot but like I said this is not meant to become a business so I will need some commitments before I make the investment. I have figured if I sale 5 at that price that will cover cost of getting them into production. I probably will not be able to keep the cost that low on the next batch. Even if I got 5 people together it would still be prob 2-4 months before they would be ready. Pm me if there is any interest, thanks

That is very nice and I would be interested as well. Few minor things I would like to see a bit different but my main concern is of course the AIR BAG SENSORS. What can you say about it?

I'm down. Let me know when to PayPal the money. I'm in no hurry, wouldn't need mine until April or so anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom