disk swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

73lndcrsr

SILVER Star
Threads
I have searched, but can't find the answer I am looking for.

I am about to swap disks into a '71, but want to use the coarse birfs for now. Can this be done?

I don't have all of the parts for the lockouts on the new knuckles, but do have warn lockouts on the stock axle.

not to be mean, but SMACK! lol

Unfortunately, a disc swap while keeping stock coarse birfs means you are installing either the MAF or SOR kits...you can do it cheaper and upgrade to fine birfs with the minitruck swap.

However, that said, I "think" you could install the complete disk kit and just use the older spindle and lockout instead of using the newer stuff. Honestly, not positive on what would happen with that....fine and coarse have different sized brass spindle bushings, so you can't swap them back/forth.

Guess it can't hurt to try it.... ;)

I expected the smack ::)

I am attempting to do the mini-truck swap and could not tell if the coarse birfs would fit in the interim.

[quote author=73lndcrsr link=board=1;threadid=5149;start=msg39909#msg39909 date=1063221711]I am attempting to do the mini-truck swap and could not tell if the coarse birfs would fit in the interim.
[/quote]

The answer - it might...lol You might be the first to attempt it ;)

I guess we'll see. I will report back once I've had the chance to take everything apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom