Disc conversion "74 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guy's, Haven't been here in quite a while, I was just reading Digger's thread on putting a 60 front axle under an older 40 to get disc brakes, I myself bought the complete disc assemblys from SOR off a 60 to install on my '74 40, so it's not QUITE the same as Digger's project. I searched through the tech links, and saw a lot of help, but is there a thread that addresses MY situation? I am always leary to tear into anything unless I know every move first,..I promise to post pics., ok?/ Thankyou
Randall

Thanks SLO,...

Thanks SLO, Do you know what differences I might face between using mini Assemblys and complete 60 assemblys?

The differences are really minor, more parts difference, the procedure is the main thing to follow. Really intuitive once you start to take things apart. When I did mine, Georg had me tear down the fj60 axle so I would know how to put the parts onto the 40 axle. Just make sure to label things and keep organized and you should be fine.

Thanks again SLO

Ok,...sounds good, I took the left side of my drum brake 40 apart so far,..and seemed pretty simple,I just followed my Haynes book. I noticed that the Short shafts,(I call them) are included with the 60 assemblys, The 60 units look really in good clean shape and include new rotors but, they SHOULD considering what I paid for them, I probably should have just bought the complete 60 front diff. I know the new ones I have are the heavier arms. I am also installing an advanced saginaw ps assy. Well, looks like I need to get out the digital and start documenting. Thanks again
Randall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom