Builds Dirt Sunrise 200 Series build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the front and rear bars and the improved protection for reduced weight compared to the normal "armor".
Thanks, it took a bit to get them right, but I really love them. Simple and light weight.
Who Do you map for? I love the simplicity of this 200..

Aux tank?
I can't say much due to non-disclosures, but usually a Gvt agency, but we do map for some of the offroad related apps on weekends for extra money. No aux, but I'd build one for this truck too if we keep it long term. For now 2 Scepter cans inside under the bed is our reserve and we overfill the main tank by 2.5 extra gallons each time we're headed out. (Charcoal canister modified to not take in the overflow fuel) This truck does so much better than our gasoline 80 on fuel, but so much worse than our diesel 80.

The Sonora Rally. Nasser Al Attiyah loves Land Cruisers and he honks ans waves every time he sees the cruiser.
Good, but exhausting days.

View attachment 3308400

View attachment 3308401

View attachment 3308402

View attachment 3308403

View attachment 3308404

Nasser Al Attiyah is from Qatar, the Land Cruiser is the best selling vehicle in Qatar. We love it in Qatar so whenever we seen LC abroad we get excited because it reminds us of home. He himself owns a LC300 GR sport as well.

Nasser Al Attiyah is from Qatar, the Land Cruiser is the best selling vehicle in Qatar. We love it in Qatar so whenever we seen LC abroad we get excited because it reminds us of home. He himself owns a LC300 GR sport as well.
Yes, he's a very nice guy. We spoke with him a bit and I love how passionate about Toyotas and racing he is. We'd love to visit some day. 👍👍

Thanks, it took a bit to get them right, but I really love them. Simple and light weight.

I can't say much due to non-disclosures, but usually a Gvt agency, but we do map for some of the offroad related apps on weekends for extra money. No aux, but I'd build one for this truck too if we keep it long term. For now 2 Scepter cans inside under the bed is our reserve and we overfill the main tank by 2.5 extra gallons each time we're headed out. (Charcoal canister modified to not take in the overflow fuel) This truck does so much better than our gasoline 80 on fuel, but so much worse than our diesel 80.

Well either way getting paid to map and travel is pretty Alright in my book.

No joke! If I could figure that out, I'd be in! @SOAZtim you want an employee?!
You're hired! LOL
You'd actually be surprised how hard it is to get people to do this work. I've hired a couple dozen friends over the years and most last a week or two. Wheeling for 10 hours a day and operating the equipment to detail every bit of info is tedious. Most quit because they realize once a contract starts you'll spend months away from your friends, family and home or even a town with normal services. It's a big disconnect from life. The wear and tear of so many hours often means people get tired of fixing their trucks too. (Jeep guys) ;)

That being said, the office is second to none! We often work an entire week without seeing another vehicle. You realize that most offroaders tend to all go to the same places. We saw a rancher with is dog this week and it was exciting to talk to someone for a minute. Haha!

Last edited:
This week.

PXL_20230705_213211722.jpg

PXL_20230705_211241836.jpg

PXL_20230705_150355237.jpg

PXL_20230705_011942835.jpg

PXL_20230629_135012796.jpg

You're hired! LOL
You'd actually be surprised how hard it is to get people to do this work. I've hired a couple dozen friends over the years and most last a week or two. Wheeling for 10 hours a day and operating the equipment to detail every bit of info is tedious. Most quit because they realize once a contract starts you'll spend months away from your friends, family and home or even a town with normal services. It's a big disconnect from life. The wear and tear of so many hours often means people get tired of fixing their trucks too. (Jeep guys) ;)

That being said, the office is second to none! We often work an entire week without seeing another vehicle. You realize that most offroaders tend to all go to the same places. We saw a rancher with is dog this week and it was exciting to talk to someone for a minute. Haha!

That’s awesome, kudos for You guys getting it done. It would be pretty cool, but Like you said I can see how alot of people would bail Pretty quick on it.

You're hired! LOL

I’d be interested in having the conversation in order to better understand the job if you’re serious... I'm a retired USMC officer so being away from friends/family is pretty standard for me, at least on these missions it looks like I could bring my wife and dog along for the ride!

I'm actively negotiating on a position with the Feds right now to ride a desk, but the wife is trying to get me to rent out the house and travel full time, so this would be interesting timing. Universe? lol

I’d be interested in having the conversation in order to better understand the job if you’re serious... I'm a retired USMC officer so being away from friends/family is pretty standard for me, at least on these missions it looks like I could bring my wife and dog along for the ride!

I'm actively negotiating on a position with the Feds right now to ride a desk, but the wife is trying to get me to rent out the house and travel full time, so this would be interesting timing. Universe? lol
Shoot me a PM. Right now we're finishing up the last contract that's in place. Hopefully there is some more because we'll be done in a few more weeks.

I notice the gas can. Looks like you store in the vehicle. thoughts?
Yes, I've used these cans inside vehicles for the last 19 years or so. These are designed to go into airplanes (military) so they can stand the elevation and not vent at all.
We've taken them up to 19,000 ft on our truck in Bolivia without venting. (They expand with heat or elevation rather than vent any fumes)
You definitely need to trust your fuel cans to keep them inside where you sleep.

I see you're in Dana. That's where I was born and raised. Cheers!

Yes, I've used these cans inside vehicles for the last 19 years or so. These are designed to go into airplanes (military) so they can stand the elevation and not vent at all.
We've taken them up to 19,000 ft on our truck in Bolivia without venting. (They expand with heat or elevation rather than vent any fumes)
You definitely need to trust your fuel cans to keep them inside where you sleep.

I see you're in Dana. That's where I was born and raised. Cheers!
very cool......link for possible purchase......

very cool......link for possible purchase......
Not sold in the US anymore due to silly regulations. Need a road trip or friend in Canada.
Be wary of used US Military ones for sale. The seal is often broken and they are for diesel only.

Not sold in the US anymore due to silly regulations. Need a road trip or friend in Canada.
Be wary of used US Military ones for sale. The seal is often broken and they are for diesel only.
dang, I bought the steel nato cans w. the cam type spout lock years ago in Utah. They are tight though w. no leakage.

thanks for the response!

dang, I bought the steel nato cans w. the cam type spout lock years ago in Utah. They are tight though w. no leakage.

thanks for the response!

This guy in Oregon makes trips to canada and sells them on here

Inquiring minds want to know: do the specter plastic cans have the same form factor as the plastic steel nato cans?

also, will swelling impact can mounts designed for the steelies?

Inquiring minds want to know: do the specter plastic cans have the same form factor as the plastic steel nato cans?

also, will swelling impact can mounts designed for the steelies?
I've heard people complain that they can expand to not fit as well, but I've never had someone elses jerry can holders. We've always built them ourselves so we've never had an issue. If the cans are full, they really don't bulge much. It's the fumes that expand and contract in heat or elevation.
When empty I compress the can with my body weight and then close it to have them start a bit sucked in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom