Diff Lockers

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Eternal, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Eternal

Eternal

What type of locker would be decent(not crazy expensive) for a weekend warrior. I will some time here have onboard air but just wondering as this is my main source of transportation daily is there wear or and other considerations?

2. onesprung60

onesprung60

I run a lock-right in the rear end of my daily driver. Sure it has some quirks that take a little getting used to, but for less than $250 its tough to beat. Sure there are better lockers out there, but bang for the buck a lock-right is tough to beat. The improvement off-road from just a rear locker is incredible.

3. CHOCODILE

CHOCODILE

Weld it! :popcorn:

4. FF LC FREAK

FF LC FREAK

Media:
    Albums:
    For a daily driver, its tough to beat the ARB air locker. However, they are spendy. You're looking at close to $1000 by the time you buy it and get it installed.

Next best is the lunchbox locker (Aussie, Lockrite, etc.). They are always "on" but ratchet around corners. I have an Aussie in mine and its fine on the road. However, as someone mentioned above, they do have their quarks. It takes a little bit of driving to get used to them.

If you really want cheap, then go with the welded. But, you will most likely hate it for a daily driver. Both rear wheels will turn at the same speed making cornering on pavement a pain.

Good luck! :cheers:

5. camcruiser13

camcruiser13

Media:
    Albums:
    aussie locker and be done,

best bang for the buck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.