Did I just find the highest mileage 100 series ever? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was talking with my friend who is with the CO State Patrol, he thinks if I bought this and went to title it in CO, the door jam has to be stamped "Rebuilt From Salvage".

It seems like Co is the way to go. I will call the DMV tomorrow and check with them as well. Maybe ask for a manager or someone how knows exactly what I'm talking about and that would be the go ahead for me to get it.

here are some more pictures

download (3).png

download (4).png

download (5).png

download (6).png

Anyone can figure out if it has rear lockers from the VIN sticker? I know on the 80 series you look for the k292 and k294 but what about the 100 series?

download (7).png

I don't believe you will be able to get a title for it until it has been repaired and inspected. At that time, Colorado will issue a "Rebuilt from Salvage" title. I have bought a couple of cheap cars with that type title.

Do you remember if the title was salvage or a certificate of destruction?

It seems like Co is the way to go. I will call the DMV tomorrow and check with them as well. Maybe ask for a manager or someone how knows exactly what I'm talking about and that would be the go ahead for me to get it.

Let me know, I am happy to help!

Anyone can figure out if it has rear lockers from the VIN sticker? I know on the 80 series you look for the k292 and k294 but what about the 100 series?

View attachment 1575658

I do not know. Can they get you a picture of where the magic switch would live?

Junked Titles and Certificate of Destruction:

Junked Titles and Certificate of Destruction:

Wow man, I never thought messing with these things could be a federal felony. Good find and thanks for sharing. I guess this truck is done for. I may buy it for parts tho but yeah its a shame.

What is the wall? The certificate? Have you asked if they will give you a salvage title?

Yes, in CO they call it Parts Only - Bill of Sale so you guys do have it over there. And besides, in the video the guy was saying even if you figure out a way to do it with the same VIN "which means there is a way" it could be a federal felony. So that's why I think this baby will end up being parted out.

My buddy owns the "million mile Lexus" - I say fix it and keep driving it... We can get the two together with the million mile tundra.
you're friends with Matt?

Yes, in CO they call it Parts Only - Bill of Sale so you guys do have it over there. And besides, in the video the guy was saying even if you figure out a way to do it with the same VIN "which means there is a way" it could be a federal felony. So that's why I think this baby will end up being parted out.

Sad...

Would be nice to see someone tear into that engine to compare its wear to the FSM. I doubt a yard would pull the engine to try to sell it complete with that many miles.

The interior looks in great shape! Must be the owner didn't have kids. Truck is still worth quite a bit in parts IMO. I wouldn't mind having it sit in my backyard. The wife on the other hand might not.

Would be nice to see someone tear into that engine to compare its wear to the FSM. I doubt a yard would pull the engine to try to sell it complete with that many miles.

The interior looks in great shape! Must be the owner didn't have kids. Truck is still worth quite a bit in parts IMO. I wouldn't mind having it sit in my backyard. The wife on the other hand might not.

Great idea. I'm thinking of buying it for parts anyway. And maybe have my mechanic record a video to be uploaded on youtube or something like that when he tears the engine down.

Is there a way to reach out to the owner? I wouldn't mind to ask a few questions on oil viscosity, frequency of the front end grease repack, all that front end bushing and needle roller bearing OCD and things like that. In case he is a person who doesn't overthink this at all, I would like to know that too.

I'm really surprised none of us heard of this 100 before. Surely someone has chatted to this high mileage 100 at the gas station :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom