Diameter of front rotors? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know the diameter of normal brake rotors on a 100 series land cruiser? Specifically the front?

As many of you know, the front rotors are machine pressed on. I recently found a mechanic who said he could turn the rotors without remove them...only if they are less than 16 inches in diameter.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Phil

The front rotors are bolted on to the hub.

I don't know the actual measurement but my oem wheels are 16s so I would assume the rotors are less than that.

The front rotors are bolted on to the hub.

I don't know the actual measurement but my oem wheels are 16s so I would assume the rotors are less than that.

Does anyone know the diameter of normal brake rotors on a 100 series land cruiser? Specifically the front?

As many of you know, the front rotors are machine pressed on. I recently found a mechanic who said he could turn the rotors without remove them...only if they are less than 16 inches in diameter.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Phil

I am looking at a brand new OEM rotor for a 2000 LX470. 12 5/16" OD.

If you have the rotors turned at the dealer, they typically will do it on vehicle. This is an excellent method as it takes into account any variances in the hub or vehicle. In fact, friend of mine that trains for Toyota corp. said he'd disown me if I took my rotors in to someplace like Autozone to have them turned. He mentioned they'd gotten several vehicles in the shop after an off-car rotor turn for a new pedal pulsing issue.

13 inch

FYI:
From FSM:
Standard thickness: 32.0 MM (1.260 in.)
Minimum thickness: 30.0 MM (1.181 in.)
Maximum disc runout: 0.07 mm (0.0028 in.) Confirm wheel bearing pre-load first.
FSM recommended: On vehicle turning of disk (aka rotor).

I was able to get 100K miles on fronts, smooth peddle entire time with on vehicle turning. But word of warning; it hard to find shop that will check pre-load (or even knows too) of wheel bearings first, other than maybe the wiggle test. But they can hear pitch change, if alert.

I've also had good luck with trusted machine shop turning on lathe, with many rotors & drums. When DIY this is best you can do, and should be done with every pad change. I've never had shop ask diameter, seem strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom