Depo LED Tail Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kind of dirty....
image-564451998.jpg

How is the brightness? There an amber or red signal?

The only part of the light that comes as an LED is the brake lights and they are slightly brighter than stock as to not blind anyone braking behind you.

The turn signals are regular amber bulbs with no difference in brightness but you can buy LED bulbs for this.

I replaced the reverse with CREE LEDs to improve visability when driving the trails at night

Here is a comparison on those vs stock

5763657290_5ef4f65566.jpg

Clear is best. They don't look aftermarket and are much better. I have some issues with them. When my headlights are on my cruise control doesn't work. Also, when I step on the brake my dash light turns on. When I step off the dash light goes off. You won't notice this until dawn. It's odd.

Clear is best. They don't look aftermarket and are much better. I have some issues with them. When my headlights are on my cruise control doesn't work. Also, when I step on the brake my dash light turns on. When I step off the dash light goes off. You won't notice this until dawn. It's odd.

Anything to back up that first statement??? or did you mean "I think they look much better"

If you have electrical issues using LED lights you need an inline resistor..... not all people have this problem though.... I just get a faint radio whine (if its on) when going in reverse due to the CREE's

How old is your set of lights? I believe Depo corrected the cruise control and related issues after awhile. I have a newish set (~6 months or less) and I have zero issues whatsoever.

Oh, by the way, I vote for clear unless you have a black LC. The charcoal lenses look a bit goofy to me on all other colors of trucks besides black. In addition, the clear look a little too bright on the black trucks. So black truck=charcoal lenses, any other color truck=clear lenses. Just my $0.02...

How old is your set of lights? I believe Depo corrected the cruise control and related issues after awhile. I have a newish set (~6 months or less) and I have zero issues whatsoever.

Oh, by the way, I vote for clear unless you have a black LC. The charcoal lenses look a bit goofy to me on all other colors of trucks besides black. In addition, the clear look a little too bright on the black trucks. So black truck=charcoal lenses, any other color truck=clear lenses. Just my $0.02...

I have more less the same color combination idea since mine its gray..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using IH8MUD

DSC_0010.jpg

I just finished my complete restoration...images to be posted in a new thread soon. These are the clear lens LED's...I added in the Stealth turn signal "no yolk" bulbs that eliminate the yellow behind the lens and also put in a set of CREE 7 watt back up lights. Pretty happy with the end result.
DSC_0010.jpg

Thought I would note...my cruiser control works fine with these LED lights...I also have LED lights in just about every other orifice on this truck with no issues. I don't like the look of the smoke lens...it looks cheap to me for some reason...but it's all personal preference.

2 E L O said:

I installed mine about 6 months ago. Bought them on eBay. I have an lx 450 so I think it could be different wiring or something. Not sure what I should do. No cruise control at night stinks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

For the record I think "clear looks best" for sure. Smoked lights just look tacky IMO. Clear will give your car an updated look without looking aftermarket. I guess a black truck would be fine with smoked lights but I have seen a black cruiser with clear depos and I think it still looks better with clear ones. These are trucks, not lowriders.

You got a set of rear lenses? I wish I would have know, I would love to have a set of the smoke ones for my green LC :flipoff2:

I installed mine about 6 months ago. Bought them on eBay. I have an lx 450 so I think it could be different wiring or something. Not sure what I should do. No cruise control at night stinks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

For the record I think "clear looks best" for sure. Smoked lights just look tacky IMO. Clear will give your car an updated look without looking aftermarket. I guess a black truck would be fine with smoked lights but I have seen a black cruiser with clear depos and I think it still looks better with clear ones. These are trucks, not lowriders.
Hmm, not sure what to tell you then. I have an LX450, also, and have zero issues with the Depo LED tail lights.... :meh: Maybe your cruise control issue is unrelated to the lights?

Hmm, not sure what to tell you then. I have an LX450, also, and have zero issues with the Depo LED tail lights.... :meh: Maybe your cruise control issue is unrelated to the lights?

It worked fine before I installed the lights. I will double check the wiring.

Thank you lt1fire,

While I had paid attention to your led post, I did not pay attention to the fact that you had these led tail lights. I have them on my ebay watch list, but wondered if they were worth the money. I need to get a pair as I have a busted reverse portion on one and cracks in the other, so its good to know folks are using them - so thank you for your post!

The only part of the light that comes as an LED is the brake lights and they are slightly brighter than stock as to not blind anyone braking behind you.

The turn signals are regular amber bulbs with no difference in brightness but you can buy LED bulbs for this.

I replaced the reverse with CREE LEDs to improve visability when driving the trails at night

Here is a comparison on those vs stock

5763657290_5ef4f65566.jpg

Any one have tail and brake light action at night. And is the light visible from the side or have built in reflectors like stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom