Delta Vehicle Systems Panhard Lift Bracket, 3" & 5" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Apologies if this was covered in the 13 previous pages. If so just point me to the post and I'll take a look. I have a OME 3 inch lift on my '97 FZJ80 and am currently using an adjustable rear panhard rod. I am going to install a Delta VS panhard lift soon but wanted to know if I needed to acquire an OEM Panhard rod or if I could adjust/shorten the current rod to fit to the new lift bracket. If I am able to use the adjustable panhard, how long is the OEM panhard rod? Is that even how long it should be Or is there a good reference someone cam point me to on how to properly adjust the length of the panhard once it is installed with the lift bracket so that it is the proper length?

After some searching did find some information on the lift bracket but no dimensions or recommendations on using OEM vs Adjustable rods.

Thanks

Scott

Pro Tip:
1. Run the Adjustable Rear Bar for now.
2. Find an OEM one at a junkyard (car-part.com)
3. Sell the Adjustable Rear Bar on Facebook Marketplace.
4. Profit.

Alternatively: trade plus cash for an OEM bar.

gents. got talking to my local shop but i didn't quite catch how i determine if my suspension has settled or if i need to encourage it to settle somehow.
also, not sure if i can dust off the trigonometry here or not but is it really necessary to find a level surface? i mean it seems like even if you were on a 5 degree slope or something it wouldn't really matter? and also, wouldn't equal tire inflation actually matter a lot more? just got looking at measuring mine and got kind of curious about those...

“You will hear a number of different ways to measure how much lift you have for this or that, but for the Delta PHB, the best way to determine this is by crawling around on the floor. Get yourself a tape measure and measure from the floor to the center of the panhard bolt on the axle side and the center of the panhard bolt on the chassis side. Subtract axle side measurement from chassis side measurement, and that is your number. The idea is to get your panhard bar as flat as possible (your two measurements as close to the same as possible) withouthaving the axle side higher than the chassis side. So if you’re difference is 4-3/4” and you put a 5” PLB on there, you’re going to run the risk of having panhard/frame entanglement (this is bad-ish), depending on the rest of your setup (see above question list). Do you run 40” tires? Those tires are now your bumpstops so no biggy. Etc.”

is it fair to say that this is the size lift one has?im only assuming this as the track bar was probably perfectly parallel from the factory.

“You will hear a number of different ways to measure how much lift you have for this or that, but for the Delta PHB, the best way to determine this is by crawling around on the floor. Get yourself a tape measure and measure from the floor to the center of the panhard bolt on the axle side and the center of the panhard bolt on the chassis side. Subtract axle side measurement from chassis side measurement, and that is your number. The idea is to get your panhard bar as flat as possible (your two measurements as close to the same as possible) withouthaving the axle side higher than the chassis side. So if you’re difference is 4-3/4” and you put a 5” PLB on there, you’re going to run the risk of having panhard/frame entanglement (this is bad-ish), depending on the rest of your setup (see above question list). Do you run 40” tires? Those tires are now your bumpstops so no biggy. Etc.”

is it fair to say that this is the size lift one has?im only assuming this as the track bar was probably perfectly parallel from the factory.
What we've seen on stock vehicles in our shop is usually a difference of between .75" and 1.25". We average that out and call stock a 1" difference and go from there.

Hi I ordered a PHB on Saturday and was wondering if you guys have them in stock and ship quickly or if I should buckle down and prepare for some waiting?
thanks!

Hi I ordered a PHB on Saturday and was wondering if you guys have them in stock and ship quickly or if I should buckle down and prepare for some waiting?
thanks!
Email would be the preferred way to contact for order questions. That way all info is present, etc, and response time will likely be quicker.

That being said, we ran out of brackets last Thursday, but the next batch got back from powdercoat this morning and are getting packaged today and tomorrow. Anybody who ordered in the last two business days should have tracking numbers by Wednesday at the latest.

Email would be the preferred way to contact for order questions. That way all info is present, etc, and response time will likely be quicker.

That being said, we ran out of brackets last Thursday, but the next batch got back from powdercoat this morning and are getting packaged today and tomorrow. Anybody who ordered in the last two business days should have tracking numbers by Wednesday at the latest.

gotcha thanks! I appreciate the info.

Finally got around to doing my bracket tonight. A little finagling to line things up, but went right in overall. Actual “work” was maybe 30 min tops, more like an hour if you include chatting with beer. Driving around, braking hard, hitting bumps, it’s for sure aligned better.

Last edited:
I have a Slee 4" lift and put the delta bracket in before a trip.
I'll admit I was a little skeptical.

We ended up doing tons of washboard, whoop-dee's that fully cycled the suspension a lot.
The bracket makes the rear end move up and down, and doesn't kick it over. Truck is much more stable and controlled.
It's something that can be felt on road, pretty immediately too.

Along with upgraded bumpstops, this is the best upgrade for a lifted suspension. The cost to enjoyment ratio is rare to find.
Usually it's the other way around.

The result is my girl doesn't get carsick in the back seat anymore, that's a massive difference!

One recommendation: Use a paint marker on all the nuts and bolts so you can quickly see them under the rig.
If they start backing out, you can catch it easily.

One upgrade I would have paid for is cad plated bolts. oh well

Highly recommend this if you have a lift.

Dave makes quality products. Caution: They are addicting. Waiting for @Delta VS to get the 80 Sliders ready to sell :bounce::deadhorse::flipoff2:

In stock?
Always

We ended up doing tons of washboard, whoop-dee's that fully cycled the suspension a lot.
The bracket makes the rear end move up and down, and doesn't kick it over. Truck is much more stable and controlled.

Along with upgraded bumpstops, this is the best upgrade for a lifted suspension. The cost to enjoyment ratio is rare to find.

The result is my girl doesn't get carsick in the back seat anymore, that's a massive difference!

One recommendation: Use a paint marker on all the nuts and bolts so you can quickly see them under the rig.

When did you get the bracket? We found a source for zinc bolts a while ago and have been including them since.
@Delta VS

Yo us 200 guys need these brackets too! I had one on my 80 that was perfect - would love one on my 200 also!
Wiring on it

When did you get the bracket? We found a source for zinc bolts a while ago and have been including them since.
Jan 4 - man time goes fast...
Does that mean the bolts are clear zinc plated?

Hi @FirtsToy

can you indicate which PHB has chosen for your Slee 4 "Lift ?

Tks

Last edited:
Hi @Delta VS

Do you have any PHB options for the front Panhard on the LC80?

Best regards, from Bogota - Colombia
No, we don’t. Not much need, and it requires a HUGE amount more work to change the steering linkage geometry to make sure it all works well together again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom