Delphi or Denso fuel pump? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Replacing my fuel level sending unit and gonna do fuel pump at the same time as preventative. Still running my OEM 235k mile pump. Want to get the Denso 950-0147 but it's hard to find with eBay sellers refunding me for unavailability and the only other option I see being Summit Racing, who will drop ship it as early as Sept. 13th. I contacted them and asked if that's actually a posibility, but I can also get a new Delphi pump from RockAuto and have it shipped within days. Is the Denso name worth the hassle or should I just go for the Delphi? Thanks in advance.

Get Denso 950-0226. It's for the V8 4runner, but is swap in for the 80, and is ~110 from Amazon. Perk is that in case your connector is damaged, the kit comes with a new one. I currently have one of these in my 60 and I can't hear the pump at any fuel level.

You could just stick with the original pump. In many years of trolling this forum I have only read about 2 fuel pump failures. I am of the opinion these fuel pumps are indestructible.

Get Denso 950-0226. It's for the V8 4runner, but is swap in for the 80, and is ~110 from Amazon. Perk is that in case your connector is damaged, the kit comes with a new one. I currently have one of these in my 60 and I can't hear the pump at any fuel level.
Shouldnt be any isssues with increased flow rate or anything like that? I'm not really sure what I'm talking about so explain it like i'm 5
You could just stick with the original pump. In many years of trolling this forum I have only read about 2 fuel pump failures. I am of the opinion these fuel pumps are indestructible.
At the very least I should pick up one to have on the shelf just in case. Especially if good Denso stuff gets hard to find.

I know I don't want to do this job again.

Also, be mindful that getting the tiny screws removed to get the new fuel level sensor on was next to impossible for me with non-JIS drivers. I just ended up stashing the OEM part and reusing the og level sensor.

Bought the denso off of rock auto, was around 120 bucks plug and play, super easy to do. Don’t remember the name of the brand that came out of my truck which was original but it wasn’t denso, I’ll look at it when I get home

I put in a Denso 951-0003 back in 2014 that I bought on Amazon for $150, it was plug and play. Amazon's website now says it won't ship it to my SoCal address - I'm not sure what kind of law has been passed that says I can't repair my own vehicle anymore.
I'd say get the sock and be ready to replace that, too. It's not a really hard job, but clean the top of the access off well and do a search on here for how to replace. I recall that others have found the electrical connections on top of the fuel pump access hole in the top of the tank are easy to damage.

Im a big dummy. Forgot to mention I have the 3FE. So I need solutions for that. Lol

The pressure regulator will dump any extra fuel.

Shouldnt be any isssues with increased flow rate or anything like that? I'm not really sure what I'm talking about so explain it like i'm 5

I was confused by this when I was looking into mounting an aftermarket gas tank as an auxiliary tank.

I finally realized that any excess flow is just returned to the tank via the return line. The fuel pressure regulator limits the maximum pressure, so anything beyond that just pushes the excess down the return line.

For what its worth, I got the Delphi pump from Rock Auto. Almost 5K miles on the Delphi pump. 319K on the OEM pump and still ran when I pulled it. I figured @ 300K i better start changing somethings before they fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom