Definitive thread of the best Land Cruiser paint color 2022 (1 Viewer)

Best Land Cruiser color?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I'm fond of rhetoric and banter so I figured I'd start a definitive thread of the best Land Cruiser paint color for 2022. We all know that Desert Dune Pearl is the best color to have on a land cruiser, but we all agree that others may have a different (albeit wrong) opinion. I think I've listed all the colors here, so let's take a poll. Anxious to see the results too.

These ones didn't make the list because they won't fit. But, put it in the comments.

Silver/Gray
Beige/Cedarwood
Silver/Md Red
Md Red / Blue Slate

Last edited:
The obvious best colour is white since it contains (reflects) all other colours. So, clearly (tee hee) superior to boring monochromatic colours.

cheers,
george.

@Bludozer , you didn't even list 6m1 (dark emerald pearl) on your list. Must have been too many spaces below black to even bother :)

The forum dude needs to add more choices for polls :) Dark Emerald Pearl is in the list though, but it's with another color too.

That is actually one of the reasons I like it. It is subtle and when well cared for has a lot of depth. Most examples of it now are with peeling clearcoat and faded paint (true for most of the colors listed) which is why white is a favorite for many.

The advantages of the (045) white are:

1) no one really dislikes the white body color
2) it doesn't show dusty dirt like the darker colors
3) it's a single stage paint job from the factory, no clear coat, so no peeling and If the paint gets a bit dull just give it a good polish.

Only disadvantage IMHO to a white 80 series is when you have more than one at the same time it's boring and you can't remember when either of them had their oil changed last.

The advantages of the (045) white are:

1) no one really dislikes the white body color
2) it doesn't show dusty dirt like the darker colors
3) it's a single stage paint job from the factory, no clear coat, so no peeling and If the paint gets a bit dull just give it a good polish.

Only disadvantage IMHO to a white 80 series is when you have more than one at the same time it's boring and you can't remember when either of them had their oil changed last.
All the above and looking like every other white 80 driving around.

Why don’t we all just fight one on one?
I'm too old and fat for that foolishness.
I'll gladly ponder the issue around a campfire with fine glass of Highland Single Malt though, ya'll'r invited.

Oh, and it's Emerald Green w/ matte black trim, btw. LOL

My list would be.

Dark emerald green
Whatever the dark blue is called
White
Maroon

If I ever repaint my truck, not likely, but I would do a Ford king ranch two tone with their dark green and the dark bronzish color below the body line. It would work even better on a LX with the side trim.

Like this,
7833C67D-1686-4CD4-A9DB-A8EE770B5067.jpeg

Desert Dune + Moonglow (1A5 + 1A6)
And for us with a superior LX450
Cashmere Beige Metallic + Light Grayish Beige Metallic (4M9 + UCA77)

Last edited:
I actually like all of them. Red may be my least favorite but then again, when it isn't all faded and has been cared for it starts to grow on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom