dead battery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Threads
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
Toyota True-start.

00544-27F60-710

710 cca, reserve capacity 165 minutes.

That's what I run and you don't need a board under it :rolleyes:

List $87.95

Cdan is that the Panasonic battery? The one made in Japan?

Wrench
I still have the Panasonic in my 96 :D
I had to get a 96 after I saw yours but I got the cool blue color and a couple of less dents :p

Those Panasonic batteries kick butt. Mine lasted 7 years. Shipping from NM would be a killer :).

I posted a similar thread a few weeks ago:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=6584
and decided on the Everlast at the recomendation of BJOWETT.
Honestly the best all around for your money, and definitely the best for the $$$. Actually just bought another one tonight for my 72 Blazer. You get dual terminals, 1000 CA's@ 32 degrees, and 875 CCA's. A three year replacement policy, and a 9 year prorated warranty at any Wal-Mart worldwide! Plus a little warranty envelope to seal the receipt to the battery for safe keeping. And if it bites the dust...you can get a new one 7-days a week, 24 hours a day in some locations. $58.99!! You can't beat it.

Anyway that's my .02 as was received from someone else with experience on this board, I'm just a convert.

How much reserve capacity? What are the cold cranking amps at 0*F?

No, unfortunately the Tru-start is not a Panasonic battery. Toyota's replacement parts batteries are made in the US. Toyota does not import batteries unless they are mounted in a car. By the time Haz-mat freight and import tarriffs were paid, those batteries would probablty cost more than 400 bucks a rattle :eek:

Just think... if you get an Optima and can't get someone like Christo to throw in a free 'official' plastic spacer thingy, you can use a 1x4x8 and use it to bring the Optima back to stock height. The clincher for me was that the 1x4 wood can be used as kindling when needed and it's a great ice breaker for those times you meet a new cruiserhead and the words don't come easily (not usually a problem for me... but you might have a need.)

So, go Optima, or Oddysee, or Everlast, or Die Hard, or True Start, or who gives a rat's a$$, it's just a friggin' battery, not yo momma's diaphram or something important!!!

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

-B-

OK Junk...... I mean -B- You left out Odessey. ;)
Bill

I tried but couldn't get it spelled right. And you know me; if it isn't spelled right, well, it isn't SPELLED right.
-B-

Well, at about 9 pm last night I just couldn't take it anymore. Knowing that my baby was outside freezing her ass off and not able to start...there was no way I was going to be able to sleep. So I fired up the 40 and warmed her up and jump started the 80. Drove it around for about 20 minutes to charge it up. Haven't heard from the wife to see if it started or not.

I can't stand having my junk in-operable (is that even a word) :D

It's funny, out of the 4 cars that I own (3 cruisers and the trans am) it's always the trusty 40 that jumpstarts all the others. It's the 40 that pulls the 60 out when it's stuck in the mud. It's the 40 that goes and gets the wife when she high centers the trans am on a parking block (don't ask) ::) . It's the 40 that goes to the grocery store when it snowed and the trans am is blocking all the other cars in the driveway because it's such a piece of s*** that it can't move when there is snow on the ground.

I love that rig :D

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=7093;start=msg58725#msg58725 date=1067919333]
No, unfortunately the Tru-start is not a Panasonic battery. Toyota's replacement parts batteries are made in the US. Toyota does not import batteries unless they are mounted in a car. By the time Haz-mat freight and import tarriffs were paid, those batteries would probablty cost more than 400 bucks a rattle :eek:
[/quote]

Interstate? me thinks

BTW I have a True Start in my mustard fj40, a fine battery. the Panasonic out of the 97 now lives in the fj45 :)

I like Odyessy or Orbital.......no like em Optima.

[quote author=cruiserman link=board=2;threadid=7093;start=msg58712#msg58712 date=1067917600]
How much reserve capacity? What are the cold cranking amps at 0*F?
[/quote]

I'll check the reserve tonight...don't know if it says.

no info on the battery itself nor on the website...sorry.

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=7093;start=msg58669#msg58669 date=1067911734]
Toyota True-start.

00544-27F60-710

710 cca, reserve capacity 165 minutes.

That's what I run and you don't need a board under it :rolleyes:

List $87.95
[/quote]

I picked this up last night, Thanks C-Dan. 80 starts strong now, it's never sounded that good before.

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=7093;start=msg58748#msg58748 date=1067924251]

Just think... if you get an Optima and can't get someone like Christo to throw in a free 'official' plastic spacer thingy, you can use a 1x4x8 and use it to bring the Optima back to stock height. The clincher for me was that the 1x4 wood can be used as kindling when needed and it's a great ice breaker for those times you meet a new cruiserhead and the words don't come easily (not usually a problem for me... but you might have a need.)

So, go Optima, or Oddysee, or Everlast, or Die Hard, or True Start, or who gives a rat's a$$, it's just a friggin' battery, not yo momma's diaphram or something important!!!

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

-B-
[/quote]

if you don't like the wood spacer or don't have or want to buy the Optima spacer, go to ANY parts store and ask for the plastic trays their batteries are shiped on.......they snap right on the bottom of Optima or Orbitals.......and are free.

John H

This is a little off topic but,any battery will die if the lights are left on or what ever.
I got a Centery J900 boosterPac and leave it in the truck, when it's not boating season... :cheers:

>> ... if you don't like the wood spacer <<

I *love* the wood spacer. Would a real plastic spacer be a conversation piece? :D

Pat,
Intresting avatar... did you forget you are on a Toyota forum or are you instigator's big brother?

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom