Dash Cover for 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. I am trying to get this company to consider making a dash cover for the early 80 series LC and I need your help.

Here is the company

I told them that I will post on this forum so they know that there is a market and need.
customerservice@dashskin.com

So please send them an email and let them know there is a demand.

They said it can take 2 to 4 months for production lead time.

At a $200 price point, I'd buy one today and pay expedited shipping, lol.

:edit: nevermind, I'd want one for the 95+ dash. I'm in if they'll make one.

Had something similar in my fj62, which came from AZ

Last edited:
Looks similar to the Coverlay, who also doesn’t make one for the 80 yet. I installed Coverlay on an old Toyota pickup and 4runner after years of being destroyed by the AZ sun and heat. They work great and look a hell of a lot better than the carpet covers. I’d buy one for my 80 if somebody made one. I’m sure other Southwest drivers probably would too.

I'd totally be in for one! As nice as it is to have a personal canyon on my dash to overlook under the sunset, It'd be awesome to have an oem-style cover, rather than carpet!

Hello all. I am trying to get this company to consider making a dash cover for the early 80 series LC and I need your help.

Here is the company

I told them that I will post on this forum so they know that there is a market and need.
customerservice@dashskin.com

So please send them an email and let them know there is a demand.

They said it can take 2 to 4 months for production lead time.
Did this ever fly?

Which material did you choose?

Could you post a couple photos?
Not an early style dash, but I bought a Dash Designs cover a couple years ago. Added it to my Rock Auto cart on a whim because it was on sale. So far, it is doing it's job and looks OK.
It's not the hard PVC dash cap listed by the OP, but not a plush carpet either. I chose the perforated Sedona suede in oak. It has a microfiber backing that adheres to velcro strips that you stick to the dash.
1000002830.jpg

1000002831.jpg
1000002832.jpg

Not an early style dash, but I bought a Dash Designs cover a couple years ago. Added it to my Rock Auto cart on a whim because it was on sale. So far, it is doing it's job and looks OK.
It's not the hard PVC dash cap listed by the OP, but not a plush carpet either. I chose the perforated Sedona suede in oak. It has a microfiber backing that adheres to velcro strips that you stick to the dash.
View attachment 3587587
View attachment 3587588 View attachment 3587589
Thanks for the post. My application is identical to yours.

I'm one of the oddballs looking for an early ('91-'94) curved dash overlay. There seem to be plenty of options for '95-'97 more angular dashes, but I am struggling to find and options for the early dashes.

I'm one of the oddballs looking for an early ('91-'94) curved dash overlay. There seem to be plenty of options for '95-'97 more angular dashes, but I am struggling to find and options for the early dashes.

This fits the early ('91-'94) style dash? I agree, pictures would be great! I'd love to cover my cracked dash.
Sorry for the delay but here's a couple quick picks of mine. Just threw it on and haven't even used the Velcro attachments yet. Luckily it fit right over where I mounted a tpms. I'm sure it will sit a little more once I use the Velcro. Don't remember exactly which material but it's on the light, thinner side.

IMG_20240322_142649658_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240322_142637507_HDR.jpg

Sorry for the delay but here's a couple quick picks of mine. Just threw it on and haven't even used the Velcro attachments yet. Luckily it fit right over where I mounted a tpms. I'm sure it will sit a little more once I use the Velcro. Don't remember exactly which material but it's on the light, thinner side.

View attachment 3588613

View attachment 3588617
Btw, mines a '92 fj80.

View attachment 3588613

View attachment 3588617
That’s not too shabby. My dash is pretty much perfect, and I want to keep it that way. I might try this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom