Dash Cluster Completely out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks. I installed a new head unit and bypassed the factory amp last weekend. Everything worked great and it was fairly simple.

I was attempting to install LED bulbs from Super Bright LED in my dash cluster today and after I put the new bulbs in and put everything back in place I noticed now my gauges don’t work at all. All my gauges are completely dead and no lights. Fuel, tach, Speedo, everything is dead. Nothing happening on any of them but the truck is running fine. So I took the cluster out again, swapped the old bulbs that I knew were working back in, and turned the truck over. No luck. Everything is dead. The fuse in the drivers footwell is all good. Can’t seem to figure this one out. Any ideas?

Cluster plugs correctly & fully mated? If I recall you keep turning the screws until they’re mated and then some… they don’t stop turning but that’s ok.
I thought they were, but I’ll have to check again. I originally thought I may have shorted something, but the fact that the fuses are in one piece tells me otherwise. Is there a way to check if the connector is seated properly? Aside from pulling the dash, of course.

The entire cluster sounds like a fuse to me. When I had mine out it took me 3 tries to get it to seat correctly to get all the gauges working, but each time some would work, some wouldn't, never none of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom