Instrument cluster LEDs dead, help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, my 100 have the cluster instrument are on shadow. I see someone post about that and I know I need to replace the LEDs bulb. Someone know the reference code or where I can bought it?
IMG_20231208_195243.jpg

Cheers.
Jose.

Last edited:
These LED bulbs are called T4.2 LED bulbs. These lights are commonly used on PCB boards. Keep in mind these are polarized bulbs, before you solder them, you gotta make sure to connect positive to positive joint and negative to negative joint of pcb board otherwise it won't light up. Take these out the white plastic housing find the polarity and then solder them directly to the circuit board of instrument cluster.
This the link to purchasing these bulbs

H2fce1ed6ea21422eb1030e612788133aU.jpeg

Well dudes... after looking some YouTube videos I stole the code ( from Mouser electronic) and ordered 100 LEDs to replace them in the instrument cluster videos...
DIY
Estimated duration 2.5hr
- Required 2 persons ( welder and leds/board hold helper)
- Electronics Soldering Iron Kit with Adjustable Temperature (led removal 350 °F - weld 250~300 °F to avoid burning the flux)
- Good solder wire
- 2 small Spoon for gauge needle removal.
-16 LEDs
Screenshot_20231224-130734.png

It was difficult but in the end I didn't like the result. It looks like '99 cluster green/warm incandescent light. Supposed it view with white/blue light.
But better than be on shadows.
IMG_20231222_220304.jpg

The light intensity is very high. Should look more opaque when the regulator is at minimum.

Summarizing. I will have to see if there is an LED with lower light intensity (3000k) and with a blue white tone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom