Instrument cluster (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am desperately searching for the cluster pictured. It's to suit a 2004 HZJ105R, manual, 4.2. Standard barn door model. Vin Jtecb01j501017199. Part number E1883800-6E181 or E1883800-6E182.

20231011_160107.jpg

20231011_160118.jpg

The part number you are typing is incorrect. The actual part number is

838006E241.​

There are plenty of these in stock for sale. Partsouq has two in stock. Keep in mind. These combination meters come in two parts. You have to buy the clear lens separately.

Part number for plastic lens is

838216D870​

Link for purchasing Lens
Link for purchasing Combination Meter

Hope this helps!

838006E241-0.jpg
838216D870.jpg

838006E241.​

There are plenty of these in stock for sale. Partsouq has two in stock. Keep in mind. These combination meters come in two parts. You have to buy the clear lens separately.

838216D870​

Link for purchasing Lens

Hope this helps!

View attachment 3459828View attachment 3459829

Are you certain that the part number you just provided, will fit and work in my car? I have been told many conflicting opinions on correct part numbers.

Are you certain that the part number you just provided, will fit and work in my car? I have been told many conflicting opinions on correct part numbers.

838006E241.​

838216D870​

Link for purchasing Lens

Hope this helps!

View attachment 3459828View attachment 3459829

Can you give me further information on the part number you provided. What series and models does it suit?

I ran the Chassis number of my car and the part number I gave you was from my 2005. Which is UNO Auctioned 2005 1HZ Diesel. Mine is 2005 and yours is 2004.
From the looks of combination meter 2005 and 2004 don't look different. But I don't know what type harness connect yours have on the back side of the meter.
Worst case scenario if the harness connector is different, you can still re route wires and make it work.

What is wrong with your original speedo meter?
IMG_3941.jpg

I ran the Chassis number of my car and the part number I gave you was from my 2005. Which is UNO Auctioned 2005 1HZ Diesel. Mine is 2005 and yours is 2004.
From the looks of combination meter 2005 and 2004 don't look different. But I don't know what type harness connect yours have on the back side of the meter.
Worst case scenario if the harness connector is different, you can still re route wires and make it work.

View attachment 3459830
The auto sparky said it has fried the microprocessor, and not worth repairing. The previous owner, decided that he would do all his own accessory wiring, and it's caused major electrical problems. I have just spent $2300 on auto electrical work, to get the car running again

Sorry to hear that buddy. You should have added 2300 extra to your car purchasing budget before you bought this car and should have gotten a bit newer cruiser. But since you are married to your car now, your best bet is to try the combination meter that is available for sale. Rewiring it wouldn't be hard.

Sorry to hear that buddy. You should have added 2300 extra to your car purchasing budget before you bought this car and should have gotten a bit newer cruiser. But since you are married to your car now, your best bet is to try the combination meter that is available for sale. Rewiring it wouldn't be hard.
Mate, I bought the car 5 years ago for several reasons, and it was exactly what I wanted. And it still is. I don't need smart arse comments like yours, that are 0 help

Did you dig through PartSouq diagrams after putting your vin in? They’re normally top notch with part numbers. You could also call a toyo dealer and ask to get quote for the parts and VIN I would assume they would list the PN for you. Getting a wrong cluster could be more than a few wires, if it has different options such as cruise control or something else weird.

Don't forget Amayama.com as another source of parts . I have an imported Mitsubishi and they have sourced a lot more that Partsouq couldn't source.

As for part numbers, I won't chime in there, it's too complicated. Do you have a local Toyota dealer that you could try to ask for assistance ?

Did you dig through PartSouq diagrams after putting your vin in? They’re normally top notch with part numbers. You could also call a toyo dealer and ask to get quote for the parts and VIN I would assume they would list the PN for you. Getting a wrong cluster could be more than a few wires, if it has different options such as cruise control or something else weird.
Yes mate, I have checked Partsouq and Vin search only shows the 2 part numbers I listed in my original post. I have been told by a knowledgeable Wreckers, that as long as the part comes from a manual, diesel HZJ105R, and has chrome bezels around rim of each gauge, and between 2002-2006, that it will fit and work with 0 modifications. He also said not to take too much notice of part numbers. So the part that Kahmran showed most likely will fit and work. But I need clarification of this before I go and spend a large chunk of money on something that might not work

Don't forget Amayama.com as another source of parts . I have an imported Mitsubishi and they have sourced a lot more that Partsouq couldn't source.

As for part numbers, I won't chime in there, it's too complicated. Do you have a local Toyota dealer that you could try to ask for assistance ?
I have looked on Amayama and Megazip and they list the part number, but say unavailable. Toyota can't tell me what other clusters and part numbers will work. I have even spoken to a parts interpreter, but a similar result. I'm amazed that nobody makes aftermarket or warehouses full of NLA NOS parts. For a car that there are millions of world wide, it extremely difficult to find the correct clusters and relevant information

View attachment 3459830

I found some further information earlier today, that lists the part numbers to the car's that they were fitted to. It shows that the part number you quoted, and the 2 part numbers I originally listed, are all suited and used in the same model car's. Those being 83800-6E181 83800-6E182 and 838006E241, all used in HDJ100,HZJ105,UZJ100, 1998-2007. I don't know how accurate the information is, but it broadens my search.

I ran the part number in toyota diy website and it shows that the part number available for sale supersedes part number 83800-6E182. Good news for you. The part available for sale will work in your cruiser.

Thank me later!
I really appreciate the information mate, can you share the link you just mentioned, and the VIN of your car please mate?

Ok here is an easy one. If your part number (2004 cruiser combination meter) that is not available and out of stock can work in my cruiser which is 2005 cruiser, then surely my cruiser's part will fit yours without any problem.
I typed in the part number that is out stock for your cruiser and it showed that the out-stock part will work for my 2005 cruiser as well.
That means my cruiser's part which is already available in stock must work on yours also.
I can't give you 1000% guarantee. But I am 99% it will fit your cruiser.

You don't need a vin number for cross reference of parts number. I am sorry I don't post my car's VIN online. Because the place where my cruiser lives, has lot of crooks and can stamp my car's vin number on their non customs paid cars or stolen cars. That may create problem for me in future.

You don't need a vin number for cross reference of parts number. I am sorry I don't post my car's VIN online. Because the place where my cruiser lives, has lot of crooks and can stamp my car's vin number on their non customs paid cars or stolen cars. That may create problem for me in future.
I agree, what model is your car then? Is it a 100 or 105 series?

Ok here is an easy one. If your part number (2004 cruiser combination meter) that is not available and out of stock can work in my cruiser which is 2005 cruiser, then surely my cruiser's part will fit yours without any problem.
I typed in the part number that is out stock for your cruiser and it showed that the out-stock part will work for my 2005 cruiser as well.
That means my cruiser's part which is already available in stock must work on yours also.

Thanks for the information, but why are you being condescending and talking down to me? I'm not good with online stuff, and don't appreciate being put down, by someone that I have asked for help. Not cool mate 😕

Thanks for the information, but why are you being condescending and talking down to me? I'm not good with online stuff, and don't appreciate being put down, by someone that I have asked for help. Not cool mate 😕
I don't know why you feel that way. I am just trying to help. Maybe my wording is inaccurate. English isn't my first language. Forgive me for that. Won't hear from me anymore.
Best regards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom