CW 2.0 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I guess the spare lid I've got for an FJ40 roof is worth even more now?!

At least the hoist makes life a bit easier with this thing.

Only pain is the control being upstairs... which would be fine if wimmenfolk came through on their offers of assistance once in a while. 😔

PXL_20231022_213304164.jpg
PXL_20231022_214640205.jpg

Sure beats lifting it on and off by hand. Even with out the helper.

Sure beats lifting it on and off by hand. Even with out the helper.
Oh yeah. I still have a dodgy neck from pulling a muscle removing my hardtop 20 years ago.

I could have done without the 30 trips up and down the stairs (although my ass looks fantastic 🤣)

Next time I'm at the hardware store I'm grabbing some 4 conductor wire to extend the controller so I can reach from the ground.

I think previous owner of this property was planning on buying a forklift. Storage space is great, but...it's a ways up.

Oh yeah. I still have a dodgy neck from pulling a muscle removing my hardtop 20 years ago.

I could have done without the 30 trips up and down the stairs (although my ass looks fantastic 🤣)

Next time I'm at the hardware store I'm grabbing some 4 conductor wire to extend the controller so I can reach from the ground.

I think previous owner of this property was planning on buying a forklift. Storage space is great, but...it's a ways up.
Just buy a forklift and get it over with!

Here’s the eBay where you can buy the airbags. Ya know no need for onboard air. You never
go anywhere anyways, just use home compressor.

It's all stupid now.

Those little roll bar pads? 300+ usd for USED. Fawk that noise.

I'll carve up some generic s***.
1698726528392.jpeg
1698726528392.jpeg

Generic s*** from summit.

I did something similar on the cage in troopy. Just chopped to length, attached with large zap straps and called it good.

Surprisingly the stuff has held up for a decade and still does what it’s supposed to.

Cheers
Crusty

View attachment 3469259View attachment 3469259
Generic s*** from summit.

I did something similar on the cage in troopy. Just chopped to length, attached with large zap straps and called it good.

Surprisingly the stuff has held up for a decade and still does what it’s supposed to.

Cheers
Crusty
That's the stuff I was looking at.

It just became less of a priority once the lid was on and there were thirty other prime locations for head trauma all around me. 🤣

I hope those pads are extras? Or are you parting out the roll cage? Cruiser meet up late November after the 24th would be ideal for me

Extras I been hanging onto. That other roll bar is still all there. Seapotato also mentioned trying to make it down for a cruiser meet this month.

I went back few pages but gave up. What's the better preferred method of rust removal? I think we agreed vinegar leaves
a rusty residue. I learned from dipping my air cleaner box. Soaking in diesel work?

I went back few pages but gave up. What's the better preferred method of rust removal? I think we agreed vinegar leaves
a rusty residue. I learned from dipping my air cleaner box. Soaking in diesel work?
For little stuff molasses is pretty easy if you have a week to let it work.
A 5gallon pail from buckerfields was 25 bucks a few years ago, and I still have most of it.

I've heard "evaporust" is great but I've never tried it. Works a lot faster but still need to submerge your parts in it.

Found this interesting. Wanted to hook up the windshield sprayer. Finally.

Saw this on Amazon that's supposedly for a bunch of Honda's, but it looked the same

And yep. It's the same.

So either the ads wrong, or early 2000s Honda's use the same pump as 1980s bj60s lol

PXL_20231111_223258995.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom