CV Boot Clamp Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently installed the Ironman foam cell pro lift kit on my 04 (299,000 miles) with a trail tailor diff drop...as soon as I installed the lift, my inner cv boot started to seep some grease...no tears, just little bits of grease oozing out....I think my old clamps (original) has just lost tension?

I bought the attached smooth worm clamps and installed real quick. Before putting them on, I could twist the the boot side to side on the shaft end slightly...as I put these clamps on, how tight should it be? Should there be any play or none at all?

BDA78557-84C7-4D32-AF12-BB2A880772B5.jpeg

As of now, there is no play unless I really try. And so far it has prevented any grease from coming out so looks like it did the trick. Just curious on how tight they need to be? By the way, these aren’t your typical hose clamps...smooth surfaced on the inside

Maximum torque spec for the small clamp is 26 in-lbs. Maximum torque spec for the large clamp is 35 in-lbs.

Note that those are maximum torque specs, so you'll want to apply torque slightly lower than those to avoid stripping the clamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom