Current Cost of Used/Running FZ Donor Engine? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
As of December 2022 / January 2023, what can I expect to pay for a running-when-pulled, <300k 95-97 1FZ engine with everything on it? In southern California. (I assume shipping would eat any difference if bought cheaper elsewhere.)

North Cali

I've been searching and struggling to find anything in the $1500 ballpark. This is what I believe to be a fair price, but my head might be stuck in the past.

As of December 2022 / January 2023, what can I expect to pay for a running-when-pulled, <300k 95-97 1FZ engine with everything on it? In southern California. (I assume shipping would eat any difference if bought cheaper elsewhere.)
As others have said, under 300K engine shouldn't be hard to find for around $1500. When you say everything on it though, are you talking throttlebody, starter, alternator, compressor, etc.? Then I would say it would be more.

As others have said, under 300K engine shouldn't be hard to find for around $1500. When you say everything on it though, are you talking throttlebody, starter, alternator, compressor, etc.? Then I would say it would be more.
Preferably, yeah; the more the merrier.

Ugh. Sold complete running 195k motor and all acc for $500 to a guy here 6-7 years ago. Love to have that one back.

… duplicate

Ugh. Sold complete running 195k motor and all acc for $500 to a guy here 6-7 years ago. Love to have that one back.
Much cheaper then. I remember ICON/TLC's blowout, when they sold all the FZs they'd pulled for conversions. I think they were $800-$1100. Maybe 2 years ago?

I paid 350 from a guy in Fort Collins that was moving so needed it gone. No starter, but had alt, and distributor, power steering pump, no harness. 175k on it, when I tore it down was super clean, all I found was part of the timing belt slipper had cracked

I paid 350 from a guy in Fort Collins that was moving so needed it gone. No starter, but had alt, and distributor, power steering pump, no harness. 175k on it, when I tore it down was super clean, all I found was part of the timing belt slipper had cracked
So did you put it back together mostly as it was?

I've been searching and struggling to find anything in the $1500 ballpark. This is what I believe to be a fair price, but my head might be stuck in the past.
PM sent

I know of a motor, trans, tcase with under 200k for 1200 in Colorado.
Guy is packin up his shop and moving to Georgia, so not sure how long it'll be around. its a 1997 OBDII

There's one for sale out of a '95 here in Omaha for $500. I don't know the guy at all, just on Facebook marketplace. Says 198k and he has a cold start video for it and it would need a refresh. Definitely not a California engine, some rust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom