Builds Cummins 6bt/nv4500 build (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well the truck holds freon but I have a short somewhere that is blowing a fuse when the AC is turned on. Looks like I will be following wires before driving with the windows up. Fun stuff.

Last edited:
Well the truck holds freon but I have a short somewhere that is blowing a fuse when the AC is turned on. Looks like I will be following wires before driving with the windows up. Fun stuff.
I had the same issue with my diesel swap when I first did it. It seemed to go away and has not piped since. Let us know what you find.

I had the same issue with my diesel swap when I first did it. It seemed to go away and has not piped since. Let us know what you find.
Hopefully it's at the compressor or somewhere easy. It didn't do it last time I got it recharged after conversion.

ABS plastic is easy to fix with some acetone and a little paint brush. You can make ABS slurry by dissolving small pieces of abs plastic in a glass jar. I use ABS black pipe pieces form home depot and cut them to small pieces. Basically you are melting both ends of your broken pieces of whatever and re joining it while its edges are dessolved. Add a bit of ABS slurry but not to much so it drys properly. I fixed my steering column cover this way and its cheap and strong. You can build it up like a weld bead in weak spots. I learned about this from 3d printer users.
It will stain the plastic so for cosmetic spots be careful like using crazy
Glue.
Good luck

ABS plastic is easy to fix with some acetone and a little paint brush. You can make ABS slurry by dissolving small pieces of abs plastic in a glass jar. I use ABS black pipe pieces form home depot and cut them to small pieces. Basically you are melting both ends of your broken pieces of whatever and re joining it while its edges are dessolved. Add a bit of ABS slurry but not to much so it drys properly. I fixed my steering column cover this way and its cheap and strong. You can build it up like a weld bead in weak spots. I learned about this from 3d printer users.
It will stain the plastic so for cosmetic spots be careful like using crazy
Glue.
Good luck
That sounds like a fun little project.

So I picked up the 80 from the shop. When pushing the AC button it isn't blowing the AC fuse but the gauge cluster fuse. I know yesterday the button worked but that we before AC was charged. My amateur guess is it has something to do with the pressure switch wiring but don't know why it's blowing the gauge fuse. I have to wait till the engine cools down before I do anything and that may take awhile here since it's hot as s*** outside.

AC problem is solved for now. I found that the diode on the compressor pigtail was fried. I assume without the body of the diode there it was grounding out the circuit.
Toasted diode.
IMG_2658.jpg

New diode and pigtail.
IMG_2659.jpg

Glad I'm not the only one breaking those things. Drivers side 0-2 when removing with no more spares. Passenger side 2-2 with two spares remaining. For some reason the PS pops right off no problem.

A little dab of thick silicon grease will keep them from breaking

Took the 80 back to the shop to get the AC checked out now that I have a working compressor. It's holding pressure so no leaks so far but it doesn't blow consistently cold air. It did the same thing last time I got it charged last summer. My guess is insufficient air flow on the AC condenser due to it being sandwiched between the radiator and intercooler.

I added a 13 or14" fan tied into the compressor with a relay. It pushed through the condinser. Before that I couldn't cool it enough to even get a full charge. It works pretty good now struggles at 100 deg heat great below 95. That's with city driving and highway is cold since it has plenty or air flow

I added a 13 or14" fan tied into the compressor with a relay. It pushed through the condinser. Before that I couldn't cool it enough to even get a full charge. It works pretty good now struggles at 100 deg heat great below 95. That's with city driving and highway is cold since it has plenty or air flow
I could fit about a 6" fan on the DS and maybe the same on the PS. Thats the only open area for the condenser. Other option would be to put a slim fan on the intercooler with hopes it blows through it into the condenser.

Please post your impressions on these.. considering them myself.

In preparation for repacking my front wheel bearings I ordered the TG spindle nut kit so I can ditch the star washers. https://www.trail-gear.com/TG/Chrom...ota_/i_0_0_3543/_300519-KIT.aspx#.Vdzt-7Stw-A

I just finished putting my ram 2500 back together. One of the things I did, was convert the Dana 60 Unit bearing hubs to free spin locking hubs. The free spin hubs are a simple, reliable, easy to service (mostly) setup. They had a very similar locking washer with 2 pins as this TG one, getting the pins alinged and also getting the inner axle nut to the correct torque was a bit of a frustrating job...got it done, but I personally prefer the OEM toyota style as you dont have those two competing issues.

I just finished putting my ram 2500 back together. One of the things I did, was convert the Dana 60 Unit bearing hubs to free spin locking hubs. The free spin hubs are a simple, reliable, easy to service (mostly) setup. They had a very similar locking washer with 2 pins as this TG one, getting the pins alinged and also getting the inner axle nut to the correct torque was a bit of a frustrating job...got it done, but I personally prefer the OEM toyota style as you dont have those two competing issues.
Same here. When I converted my Ford Dana 60 from auto hubs to Warn manual hubs I got the similar setup as well.

Same here. When I converted my Ford Dana 60 from auto hubs to Warn manual hubs I got the similar setup as well.
I went with the Yukon free spin kit, actually made by EMS off road for Yukon. This Ram makes my 80 on 315's look tiny.
20150825_093616.jpg
20150825_093522.jpg
20150825_165316.jpg

Went to the pick n pull this afternoon to find a few things for my Jeep and a few 4Runner defrost switches. While I was there I found a fresh in the yard Land Rover. Its amazing that these things end up in junkyards only due to blown head gaskets. Anyway it had good seats with arm rests so I snagged them along with two more cup holders to add to the collection. For $140 including all the wiring I figured it was worth the purchase for a future seat swap.
IMG_2660.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

I got my weekend project in order. I'm going to repack my front bearings. I have new bearings if needed but I don't think I'll need them since it's only been 16K since replacement. Trying new grease while I'm at it along with installing the TG spindle nut to eliminate the star washer.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1440809803.573266.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom