Cruiser Wheels on M101A2 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone tried putting Land Cruiser wheels (specifically LC200) on this trailer? I have ordered 7 of these special wheels and of course I want everything to match. The reason I am stoked for this wheel is because it's the only one I've found in a LC200 bolt pattern that has a removable "rash ring". With the ring removable, I can easily sand and paint it every time it kisses rock.

The wheel adapter places tell me it's not safe to do an 8 lug to 5 lug.
The trailer axle places tell me that the Toyota lug is not a trailer lug pattern they make.

Any thoughts or tips?

1630213867436.png

6x5.5. I don’t know if anything that matches the Toyota Tundra/LC200 5 lug. You might try Timbren to see if their independent trailer suspension can be set up with a matching hub.
Thank you Corbet. I will look into Timbren.

I wanted to refresh this just in case there's any new ideas. I have worked at it a bit, but not much. I have two 35" tires now mounted to these wheels and they've been living in the garage taking up room. My goal is to step up my efforts and maybe drive to a few trailer/axle shops with the trailer next week if I have to. (I did it once previously, but only to a single shop that wasn't much help)

I am trying to go from 8x6.5 to 5x150. Preferably keeping the hand brakes that come on these military trailers.
tempImage16f4Py.png
tempImage69G3eg.png
tempImageQ3PJey.png

I think that you're looking at a two-step process. First is an axle with a more easily adapter bolt pattern. Then adapters.

If you hadn't ordered the wheels I'd say make the LC 8 lug.

I wanted to refresh this just in case there's any new ideas. I have worked at it a bit, but not much. I have two 35" tires now mounted to these wheels and they've been living in the garage taking up room. My goal is to step up my efforts and maybe drive to a few trailer/axle shops with the trailer next week if I have to. (I did it once previously, but only to a single shop that wasn't much help)

I am trying to go from 8x6.5 to 5x150. Preferably keeping the hand brakes that come on these military trailers.View attachment 3430633View attachment 3430635View attachment 3430636
Did you ever convert the trailer to the LC wheels?? If so, any details?

that 2" receiver is clean. Have any further details on that mod? I have considered this many times and just never did
Just ordered a 48" receiver tube from etrailer, measured from outside of the rear rail to the next one in and cut the tube. Used the leftover for the angle peices. The hitch pin hole is on the inside but is actually easy to get to. I wanted to be able to still completely open the tailgate without any interference with the tube, I think I ended up with like an 1/8" gap!

Just ordered a 48" receiver tube from etrailer, measured from outside of the rear rail to the next one in and cut the tube. Used the leftover for the angle peices. The hitch pin hole is on the inside but is actually easy to get to. I wanted to be able to still completely open the tailgate without any interference with the tube, I think I ended up with like an 1/8" gap!
awesome man. that is exactly what I need

Did you ever convert the trailer to the LC wheels?? If so, any details?
I’m closer. Can you guys help me confirm these trailer specs? It looks like I finally found a company willing and able to build an adapter.

IMG_0689.jpeg

I’m closer. Can you guys help me confirm these trailer specs? It looks like I finally found a company willing and able to build an adapter.

View attachment 3585161
I just bought an M1101 and it already had the 6-lug hubs so I bought the wheel adapters in the thread below and they worked. The adapters say they come with open-ended lug nuts, but they DO NOT. I’ll post what I ordered below. The hubs you will need are listed in the Expedition Portal link. This worked well for my M1101 and Land Cruiser wheels from a 2018.

Open-ended lugs for adapters
OMT 1/2"-20 Open End Lug Nuts... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083WFT7JQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Lug Nuts for wheels
20PCS M14x1.5 Lug Nut - 7/8" 22mm... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C5QNJNSD?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Wheel adapters: 6 lug to 5 (these will be scratched bc they are shipped very dumb with no protection. Torque specs are in the ad for the open-ended lugs. I used OEM torque specs for the actual wheel lugs)
EZAccessory 2 Wheel Adapter 6x5.5... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009N3JTQQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

IMG_3407.jpeg

IMG_3408.jpeg

IMG_3409.jpeg

IMG_3411.jpeg

I just bought an M1101 and it already had the 6-lug hubs so I bought the wheel adapters in the thread below and they worked. The adapters say they come with open-ended lug nuts, but they DO NOT. I’ll post what I ordered below. The hubs you will need are listed in the Expedition Portal link. This worked well for my M1101 and Land Cruiser wheels from a 2018.

Open-ended lugs for adapters
OMT 1/2"-20 Open End Lug Nuts... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083WFT7JQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Lug Nuts for wheels
20PCS M14x1.5 Lug Nut - 7/8" 22mm... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C5QNJNSD?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Wheel adapters: 6 lug to 5 (these will be scratched bc they are shipped very dumb with no protection. Torque specs are in the ad for the open-ended lugs. I used OEM torque specs for the actual wheel lugs)
EZAccessory 2 Wheel Adapter 6x5.5... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009N3JTQQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

View attachment 3585414

View attachment 3585416

View attachment 3585417

View attachment 3585418
If I could do it again, knowing what I know now including my desire to allow my OCD to run rampant and match all 7 wheels/tires, I would likely have gone with the M101A3 like you did. That’s why you got lucky going from a 6 to a 5 lug pattern. Much easier from what I’m being told.

If I could do it again, knowing what I know now including my desire to allow my OCD to run rampant and match all 7 wheels/tires, I would likely have gone with the M101A3 like you did. That’s why you got lucky going from a 6 to a 5 lug pattern. Much easier from what I’m being told.
Why not order another set of hubs and have them drilled/machined to the 5 lug pattern? I would think any decent machine shop could handle this. Then just swap the hubs. This way someone can return it to stock if you ever sell the trailer.

Ah, I have the M1101. I didn’t realize yours was different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom