Cruiser Spottings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is a lot quicker than a 80 series and 4 speed trans vs 5 speed in Prado makes a difference. It also handles a lot quicker around town and highway than the lumbering 80 series or 100 series. The new GX460 are also not worth it, 470 is a better all around truck. All that tech in the 460 will be broken in 8-10 years.

No build thread but I can answer any questions. Specs below so far. My goal was a simple comfortable truck for hunting trips. Kind of expo style. I've had the truck about a month now and really like it. I had been looking for a 100 for a while but couldn't find a clean low mile truck so I bought a GX470 instead. My wife drives a GX460 and actually likes my 470 better.

Dobinson 2.5 lift with progressive rear coils.

SSO rear coil conversion.

Ironman Prado 120 bullbar.

2017 4runner wheels.

255/80/17 cooper STT tires.

Misc lighting upgrades.

Snorkel going on today.

Coming soon. Adding rear toyota e-locker, winch, rear drawers, rack, sliders, rooftop tent and fridge.

I find myself driving the GX the most too. It's a great size and feels quick compared to my 80.[/QUOTE]

My wife drives a 17 GX460 and it is nice but not that big of an upgrade from a 470. Between a 460 and 470 the only difference is really a better touch screen unit and blind spot monitoring.

I saw your suspension question in the 120 forum. If you ever want to take a spin in mine hit me up. I couldn't justify the cost to fix the factory air ride on mine. when the lift was cheaper.

The ride height needed to be reset and I think some dirty transmission fluid causing less than smooth shifts caused my problems. PO spent a lot servicing suspension prior to my purchase so don’t think that was it. I am happy for now with its preformance. What was your cost on the suspension replacement and who did install? I would maybe take it own myself if time permits

QUOTE="mooker82, post: 11282503, member: 4684"]My wife drives a 17 GX460 and it is nice but not that big of an upgrade from a 470. Between a 460 and 470 the only difference is really a better touch screen unit and blind spot monitoring.

I saw your suspension question in the 120 forum. If you ever want to take a spin in mine hit me up. I couldn't justify the cost to fix the factory air ride on mine. when the lift was cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I used Dobinson coils and shocks with a rear conversion kit from SSO. Cost was less than $1000 for everything. I installed it myself and it wasn't bad. I think about 4 hours total time. The ride is fantastic.

If you need any of the sensors or anything you for the ride height system you can have mine for free.

I will take the sensors. The conversions don’t look that bad in price or time to install.

I will take the sensors. The conversions don’t look that bad in price or time to install.

Which ones do you need? I found the front shock ones but couldn't find the back ride height sensors. I'll check the other part boxes this week.

Which ones do you need? I found the front shock ones but couldn't find the back ride height sensors. I'll check the other part boxes this week.
I will take what ever you have. I work up in your neck of the woods so let me know.

81 FJ40 owned by original owners daughter. Cool story...current owner still in family was driven home from hospital in it at birth.

AD386BA6-AAEC-4186-AC46-E4F1BC769DFA.jpeg

I thought that was Jason at first, but he has pin stripping all over his.
Could that be a 43 from Dustin?

81 FJ40 owned by original owners daughter. Cool story...current owner still in family was driven home from hospital in it at birth.

View attachment 1566058
One of the best years there is, for sure! Does she have any interest in joining the club?

Good to see you back in the Troopy. I was afraid you had put that thing out to pasture!

I passed a 62 on Rifle Range Rd. today that I thought was mine at first.
Lifted, big tires, but it had a large roof rack.
I'll see if I can find it again.

Somebody needs to do some tagging....

I spotted a young buck lathering his -80....

9D940B51-53AE-46DD-9A66-AA9624C868AE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom