Cruiser Spottings (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, Steve, It's been a long time.
You still have the 40 and the Bronco

I’ve already had that -80 for a night.... she gets around.

I was at Macintosh' yesterday and saw a nice 45 (A/C, power steering), just bought in TX. The 40 looked good too but the wiring was a mess.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Wow, Steve, It's been a long time.
You still have the 40 and the Bronco

I do still have the 40 and Bronco. I'm currently building a GX470 to have a little more comfortable vehicle for hunting trips.

I do still have the 40 and Bronco. I'm currently building a GX470 to have a little more comfortable vehicle for hunting trips.
Do you have a build thread? I (we) would like to see more.

Do you have a build thread? I (we) would like to see more.

No build thread but I can answer any questions. Specs below so far. My goal was a simple comfortable truck for hunting trips. Kind of expo style. I've had the truck about a month now and really like it. I had been looking for a 100 for a while but couldn't find a clean low mile truck so I bought a GX470 instead. My wife drives a GX460 and actually likes my 470 better.

Dobinson 2.5 lift with progressive rear coils.

SSO rear coil conversion.

Ironman Prado 120 bullbar.

2017 4runner wheels.

255/80/17 cooper STT tires.

Misc lighting upgrades.

Snorkel going on today.

Coming soon. Adding rear toyota e-locker, winch, rear drawers, rack, sliders, rooftop tent and fridge.

Last edited:
No build thread but I can answer any questions. Specs below so far. My goal was a simple comfortable truck for hunting trips. Kind of expo style. I've had the truck about a month now and really like it. I had been looking for a 100 for a while but couldn't find a clean low mile truck so I bought a GX470 instead.
Nice. What kind of hunting trips, local or cross country? My goals for my 80 are identical: a weekend truck for wheeling, camping, hunting (both local and out west). Given the cross-country distance, I wanted more of an expo rig that I could also do light-moderate wheeling. I'm wanting to do a diesel swap to give me longevity, more towing (albeit occasional) and better MPG when cross country. Were you bored of the 80s and looking to upgrade, or was there a distinct advantage with the 100?

Nice. What kind of hunting trips, local or cross country? My goals for my 80 are identical: a weekend truck for wheeling, camping, hunting (both local and out west). Given the cross-country distance, I wanted more of an expo rig that I could also do light-moderate wheeling. I'm wanting to do a diesel swap to give me longevity, more towing (albeit occasional) and better MPG when cross country. Were you bored of the 80s and looking to upgrade, or was there a distinct advantage with the 100?

The truck will be used for local and cross country trips bird hunting with my wife and 2 dogs. I love the 80 but I feel like the GX has more usable interior space, a little more comfort, and much better gas mileage. In my 80 I average around 10mpg and in the GX 17 mpg. I still drive the 80 around town and to local hunts but the gas mileage is terrible. For the 100 or GX I was looking for comfort and MPGs. Now looking back I think I would give the slight edge to a GX over the 100 due to more suspension options being available. I did avoid coilovers on my GX since I wanted reliability and longevity.

Last edited:
I was at Lextech today and saw the 70 series...wow! I don't think there's any space left for any more bolt-ons. It's a LHD imported from Spain, the owner lives in Summerville and works for Volvo. Glenn said parts are hard to come by and some had to be ordered from Russia. Smitty Built roof rack, rear swing-out with a Jerry can bracket.

I didn't have any cards on me, but someone needs to card this fellow ASAP. I'm sure (hope?) Glenn won't mind.

image.jpeg

No build thread but I can answer any questions. Specs below so far. My goal was a simple comfortable truck for hunting trips. Kind of expo style. I've had the truck about a month now and really like it. I had been looking for a 100 for a while but couldn't find a clean low mile truck so I bought a GX470 instead. My wife drives a GX460 and actually likes my 470 better.

Dobinson 2.5 lift with progressive rear coils.

SSO rear coil conversion.

Ironman Prado 120 bullbar.

2017 4runner wheels.

255/80/17 cooper STT tires.

Misc lighting upgrades.

Snorkel going on today.

Coming soon. Adding rear toyota e-locker, winch, rear drawers, rack, sliders, rooftop tent and fridge.

Nice build!

What year is the GX?

Looks like the 4 Runner wheels were a direct fit...?

Nice build!

What year is the GX?

Looks like the 4 Runner wheels were a direct fit...?

2004. I wanted an earlier model without the secondary air injection.

The 4runner wheels are a perfect fit and I think they look great on the GX. I think they push the tires out 10mm. They are pretty easy to find and cheap on Craigslist. I paid $150 for the set with lug nuts and center caps.

Got G’man’s -80 back. Had to check the bolts were all properly tightened....

AEF0CA8D-1EF8-4651-A914-AC05E952E736.jpeg

That 80's looking sweet!

Dalhart Texas, I actually called the guy. He knew what he had but was looking for 15k with two flat tires. Was in ok shape.

9D96ECF9-DCCC-4842-AF38-31C52C9B1C7E.jpeg

0A9A418F-6F24-4788-A5E1-9B8246234D28.jpeg

06FE6F03-0A15-4767-B997-05579C044FE1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom