Cruiser sightings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spotted a two tone (gray, and dark gray) RHD 70 series (I think, not all that familiar with LC's other than the 80's, think it was the same as Dans from 4 Wheel Off Road) headed south on Calgary Trail (I will never call it QE2). It had a big pole sticking straight up 6 feet above the roof off the back hitch mount that looked telescopic (not sure what that was all about) and a roof rack. Very nice looking truck, looked to be in really nice shape.

Spotted an american red 80 series (driven by a girl no less! sorry, woman.) heading east on highway 16 just outside of sherwood park this morning. I was on a field trip to cooking lake/bklackfoot and shouted out "landcruiser" the students received their next lesson on cruisers.

Saw a mid 80's bj70 today on Whyte ave.

also saw a white 100 series for sale parked on the side of the road. I stopped and took a look. If either of my other vehicles sell, i'll definetely be giving him a call.

I saw not one, but 2 BJ70's in the Calagary Trail Home depot parking lot today.

One was a light brown and the other was black with a stripe on it (can't remember what color the stripe was, maybe red?). They were pretty much stock with a bit of rust on all the right places...

I saw two tonight. a brown rusted 60 with a bull bar and fog lights on jasper ave and then a black NA 70 series with a roofrack on 118 ave.

Saw a dark green 81 getting gas (diesel) at hughes on 167ave this morning. It was in REAL nice shape!

Saw a dark green 81 getting gas (diesel) at hughes on 167ave this morning. It was in REAL nice shape!

Bet it had huge black wheels and tires.
He just got an OME suspension from 4 wheel.

Bet it had huge black wheels and tires.
He just got an OME suspension from 4 wheel.

it did!

plus this evening i saw a champagne colored 81 pulling a holiday trailer along 153 ave. wonder if an 81 could pull a holiday trailer from edmonton to radium?

Depends on the holiday trailer.... I pulled another 81 on a car hauler all the way to the U.S. border last year with no ill effects (with the pics and a nasty story to prove it!). I did keep it under 95, in 3rd unless going down hill, have a real hitch (not the bumper mount), and had a real close eye on the piro. But it pulled really well, I was really surprised, it would have to be one hell of a holiday trailer to outweigh an 81!!! So tow a trailer to radium, no prob, just know you will be going REALLY slow up that giant hill after you turn off of HWY 1 to keep the temp down.

And if it was a tent trailer behind that 81, it was me......

I saw 2 European Land Cruisers this week.
A tan / brown HZJ75 colored fiberglass unit with Swiss occupants.
Then a red HJ61 with the rear portion of it chopped from the driver's side and fitted with a one-piece fiberglass shell. It was LHD and from Switzerland as well.
Pretty neat trucks.

70 series camper

I didn't actually spot this one. some friends of ours went to Jasper a couple of weekends ago and while they were they they spotted this one. they took pictures for me cuz they knew i would appreciate it. so i am passing it along.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing.
Looks like a South African unit from the web address. The mirrors are one of a kind.

I usually drive through Calmar on the way to my lake and for the past couple years I have noticed a smurf blue 60 series (probably BJ) on the main drag running through town. I think I have seen it every time we pass through town on a Saturday morning. Figure he must be a regular at the coffee shop....

Red FJ 40

Old thread but has anyone else spotted the red FJ40 in the Tintin movie trailer?

http://gallery.me.com/hj61#100008/Picture-201&bgcolor=black

hj61
:popcorn:

Also, ran by this monster a few times when I happened upon it heading to a clients house in Glenora. I'd love for my 61 to be sitting like this someday... any one know who this is? I'm sure I've seen it at Princess Auto as well last summer.

http://gallery.me.com/hj61#100008/IMG_2662&bgcolor=black

hj61

I have to get some cards made up so you guys can stick them on vehicles you see.

First episode of the walking dead has a sweet 40 in it. Go figure it is the vehicle of choice for the zombie apocalypse.

I have to get some cards made up so you guys can stick them on vehicles you see.

Great idea! Looks like he has some skills to, custom fab roof rack and rear bumper/swing out tire holder. I need some welding help before spring time!

Also, ran by this monster a few times when I happened upon it heading to a clients house in Glenora. I'd love for my 61 to be sitting like this someday... any one know who this is? I'm sure I've seen it at Princess Auto as well last summer.

MobileMe Gallery

hj61
[/QUOTE]

I think that is kingspence's truck, see members rides

oops.

Last edited:

MobileMe Gallery

hj61

Bahahah yea that's me.:D Kinda wierd clicking on that link seeing my own truck, I'm so happy. The house in the photo was getting a renovation and I was in there doing the electrical.

Since then I'm rolling on 37x12.50 Trxus m/t's and 11psi. It might be for sale soon, it's either this or the Cummins, something's gotta go. I just don't think I have the emotional willpower to let it go..

https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/399698-my-84-bj60-nipperwagon-soa-35s-locked-6.html

https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tec...ld-keeping-cheap-without-cutting-corners.html

6456200371_f6b4cbfed3_b.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom