Cross country transport (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys and Gals,

Anybody ever ship an FJ40 or any other vehicle cross country? I'm looking to possibly ship a car 600 miles (OK not exactly cross country) in an enclosed trailer and looking for some recommendations. Anybody ever book a transporter through Getcarrier.com?

Thanks,
Pete

Once you make an inquiry on any of those car shipment coordinators web sites, you will be bombarded with inquiries about shipping your truck from both carriers, and other shipping brokers.

Make sure whatever email and phone # you give them isn’t your primary one….

Once you make an inquiry on any of those car shipment coordinators web sites, you will be bombarded with inquiries about shipping your truck from both carriers, and other shipping brokers.

Make sure whatever email and phone # you give them isn’t your primary one….
Good point, I already know what you mean!

I used one of the online places a month ago to move mine from Colorado to Washington. I am still getting calls, texts and emails daily, even after telling companies it’s done. It was pretty seamless.
One thing I learned is the brokers will give you a quote, but they may have other fees or tell you after you select them that they need more money to get priority in a truck, etc.
Where is it going to/from?

I used one of the online places a month ago to move mine from Colorado to Washington. I am still getting calls, texts and emails daily, even after telling companies it’s done. It was pretty seamless.
One thing I learned is the brokers will give you a quote, but they may have other fees or tell you after you select them that they need more money to get priority in a truck, etc.
Where is it going to/from?
Thanks for your comments. It would be going from Buffalo NY to central Illinois. Pulling a trailer for 1200+ miles with my F150 will take at least 100 gallons of gas or $350 - $400 so the quotes I got for $550 - $600 for door to door transport in an enclosed trailer look pretty good. But given everything you said and what I've heard from a couple of buddies I'm reluctant to just hire someone I don't know. I already have a local guy in Buffalo who is an expert restorer lined up to inspect the car for me so I'll find out if he has an outfit he uses for hauling that he trusts.

Thanks, Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom