1982 FJ40 question regarding transport from SE Asia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not really sure where to post this, but I need some direction on getting my 1982 FJ40 from the Surabaya Indonesia port to the LA port in California. Wondering what is the easiest way to get this done? Ive owned this FJ for over 5 years and have all the legal documents, also the FJ is registered in my name in Indonesia. I'm American but have a valid Indonesian DL and Goverment ID.

Upon arrival in LA, I need to be able to drive this FJ from the LA port to my home in Dallas using Indonesian plates, DL etc... My passport is USA.

I plan to re-title the FJ in Texas where it will reside for good.

Any information would be appreciated.
Screenshot_20220720-181424_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
you may run into huge issues with no polution gear and egr.Your not even able to change the head to pass so I really hope what ive read is wrong buddy.

Vehicles 30 years or older do not require emissions in America. I'm just trying to find a reasonable ocean freight company.
I never even thought of that byour so right and your going to love your cruiser.You need to find container to share but must be many people that do that service as so much comes this way.My a 1983 rust free its entire life and very low miles Us model good luck buddy

IMG_0557.JPG

I google it but indonesia has 13 ports but to la usa 40 foot is 2655.00 to 3188.00
freightos.com but is 40 foot hope it helps.

V
I never even thought of that byour so right and your going to love your cruiser.You need to find container to share but must be many people that do that service as so much comes this way.My a 1983 rust free its entire life and very low miles Us model good luck buddy

View attachment 3482395
Very nice rig you have, but I like my air conditioner :)
Screenshot_20220720-181424_Photos.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom