Cost To Replace Muffler With Flowmaster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 85 FJ60 that has 2 large holes in the muffler and the exit pipe from the muffler is pretty banged up. I want to cut out the Cat and replace the pipe from the collector on the manifold back with 2.5" pipe and either a 40 series or 50 series Flowmaster. I have never had this job done and want to know what a reasonable quote would be for it as I am shopping some muffler shops. Also is 2.5 too big for a stock desmogged 2F?

your best bet is to deal with a local muffler shop that does good work, ask around...should be rather easy to find out and get them to do the install. You can lookup the price of the muffler on sumit or jegs or somewhere to get a ballpark idea on the price but expect to pay more at the retail location.

I just had my whole exhaust redone from manifolds back, custom y pipe into a single 2.5" with cat, flowmaster and chrome tip. Cost 550 otd. Local exhaust shop did it. I thought it was more than fair.

I had a Flowmaster put in. Don't know what model, but I hate it. Too loud (but I'm old). I like that sound on a muscle car, not a cruiser.

What if the cruiser is a muscle car?
5.3L ZVortec, 2 cats, 2 into one Flowmaster Super 44

I did magnaflow with 2.5 pipes. i like it alot. nice sound, not too loud at all. I had flowmaster on my 40 at one point and I too thought it was pretty loud.

Agreed find a local guy. Here in Utah I use State Automotive. They've done the exhaust on my 40 on my hj61 my bj70 and now my FJ60 desmogged. Also did 2.5 inch pipe no cat and a free flow muffler.

They've done great work for a killer price done probably 5 other club rigs all around 200-300 depending on how crazy you want it routed.

Sounds like a lot of guys hate the 40 Series. Anyone with experience on the 50 Series?

Sounds like a lot of guys hate the 40 Series. Anyone with experience on the 50 Series?

well I put the 50 Flowmaster on my build (see sig) with a SBC, yet just recently got the engine running. Since my wife will be using this vehicle, I wager she will comment on it (she has not heard it yet). I think it is more sound than I need. I might get the next up the quiet path

dougbert

I agree with 40 series sounding horrible. I have maf header no cat and a 40 series and once it gets above 2200 or so it sounds like a vuvuzela at the world cup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom