Cost for a new Throttle Position Sensor for a 93 FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The shop dropping in my new Longfields, said my check engine light came on. Said the code was for a TPS. Anybody know how much these things cost?

About $67.71

Thanks CDAN. I assume that would be less than one hour labor or does everyone round up?

Well,

It's a couple phillips head screws and a wiring connector. How many thumbs does the installer have?

Junk has lots of thumbs...............:D

dunno, guy just told me that after the buttoned front end, they said the check engine light came on with the code TPS. Granted, I saw a check engine light come on before, but b/c of my oil leak, I just added oil....which it turned out to be low. And I have had erractic idle problems, too.

Air intake hose cracked.

Similar problem here. Throttle sensor control wiring "head piece" cracked and not able to stay on the "(4 legged)" connecting part to the sensor. Runs fine until it gets warm and then it starts acting as if it was running out of gas, no power and dying if I try to accelerate. If on the freeway I have temporarily resolved the problem by putting the truck in N, turning it off and re starting it in order to make it home. Is it possible to just replace the wiring to the sensor or do i need to buy a new sensor all together?
Thanks in advance!

erratic idle

You might need to check the idle control valve too ...
:cheers:

Check eBay too. Got my denso TPS there for like 20 bucks. New too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom